Friday Favorites

Friday, September 4, 2015

     Quick update... I am taking a medication called Letrozole this month. I literally decided last Friday morning on a whim to give it a whirl. I heard about it on the news and then another friend mentioned it to me also. It's very similar to Clomid. I'm not thinking this is the miracle drug for me but I am thinking that it's one more thing I can check off my list as things I have tried before IVF. Apparently this medication is used for women with breast cancer and the FDA won't approve it for infertility but many people use it for that anyway. They were finding that many patients who were fighting cancer were getting pregnant on this drug. All I know is it tricks my brain into thinking that I'm not making enough estrogen so my body makes more FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) so that my eggs grow and mature (something they haven't been doing). I'm sure I botched that description but that's all I have on it at the moment.

With that here's my Five Friday Favorites! :)

1. Enjoying some pool time with her ONE year old cousin! Partyin' partyin' yeah!

2. Snagging this bad boy at Costco for Blair's Christmas gift. It's taller than her and will look gorgeous in my home... :/

3. Princess time at Disneyland! We literally went through the Fantasy Faire FIVE times thanks to no wait time!

4. Head bands. Dirty hair don't care...just add a head band!
5. Starting ballet again with Blair's best friend...and getting to dance to "shake it off."
We don't have any big Labor Day plans this weekend...what about you guys? Whatever you do be safe and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I got pregnant with my daughter my first month using Letrozole after no response from even the highest dose of clomid! Now I am on it again trying to get pregnant with #2. I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Frozen castle is awesome-she's going to LOVE it! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! How did you get it? Does it have to be prescribed?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!