the BLOOM workshop

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I mentioned yesterday that I had the privilege of attending the Bloom Workshop in the Santa Cruz mountains at Regale winery. Michaela and Ashley hosted it and did a fabulous job! I highly recommend it.

 Did I tell you that is also where my bff is probably going to get married in the fall?! The venue was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. See for yourself...



I learned a ton about blogging and how to take better pictures with my DSLR camera. I'm happy to report that I'm on the right track with blogging but man do I need a one-on-one tutorial with my camera. Luckily I have a photographer bff who I'm going to hit up for a tutoring session. (I'll pay you, Carrie!). Below are some photos I took with my DSLR. No judging...I'm learning!







Our model bride had actually just got married two weeks previous to this shoot! Isn't she beautiful?

The darling newlyweds...literally!
A little behind the scenes action!
I have a whole new respect for photographers now. Especially when photographing special moments like the bride and groom's kiss etc. It's one thing to get a still life photo on point but to catch the moment with perfect lighting is a completely different story. I'm looking forward to getting better. :)

Have any of you every been to a blogging workshop? If so, which one? And if not I suggest this one with two thumbs up! Not to mention the swag bag was legit...

Along with the items pictured we also received a water bottle, bip and bop initial necklaces, benefit make-up, pencils, a tote bag, quote art prints, hand drawn prints, wooden decor signs, and more! Needless to say I would definitely go again. :)

Floral Design: Natalie Bowen Designs
Table Rentals, Flatware, Dishes, etc: Pieces by Violet
Venue: Regale Winery / 
Makeup and Hair: Camille Monique Beauty
Gown: Sarah Seven


6 comments:

  1. Your photos turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place and perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing! Are you going to share some photography tips that you learned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I've been on the fence with going to a bloom workshop! They are coming to WA soon and it'd be a 3 hours trip which isn't awful. It looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw Julie post about her Bloom workshop I so wanted to go to one. Now that I've seen how much they are I'm going to be saving up to go. Those cakes are so pretty! I think I could totally use a blogger workshop and also learn how to better use my camera!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!