Freshly Picked Warehouse Sale Recap

Monday, April 27, 2015

 Hey babes! I hope your weekend treated you nicely...mine sure did! If you follow me on Instagram (@natyouraveragegirl) then you know that I made it out to the Freshly Picked warehouse sale! And let me just tell you it was so awesome! If you have never been to one and are curious about just how good the sale is, what time to arrive, what was available etc. I've got all your answers covered here. :)

Here we go!

I live 45 minute away from Lake Forest (Orange County), where the sale was held, so I left my house at 7am and the sale began at 10am. So if you do the math I waited in line about 2 hours and 15 minutes. When I arrived there were about 30 people ahead of me in line. All fresh faced (read: no make-up) and sipping on their Starbucks coffees. I eagerly joined them with my chai tea latte.



I thought the wait would be long/boring/agonizing but it was the opposite! I had fun chatting with the other girls in line and watching the line grow as time progressed. We talked about life with kids, infertility, and moccs of course! I was even encouraged by one mama who also struggled with infertility. Funny how God meets you anywhere/everywhere (even at a moccasin sale!)!
 By 10 am there were over 1,000 people in line! Say, WHAT?! I would definitely recommend getting there 1.5 to 2 hours ahead of opening which is what Susan herself told me to do. :)

The line at 7:45 am.

The line at 10:30 when I left...all the way down the street!
While we were in line the Freshly Picked team made sure we knew all the rules:
1. No kids
2. No purses
3. Cash OR credit card accepted (originally it was only cash so this was a welcome surprise!)
4. 10 minutes to shop
5. No limit to how many you could buy

We were all very curious to what the mark downs would be and they ended up posting them along with the rules...

sizes 0-6: $35 a pair
sizes 7-10: $30 a pair
That's 50% off of their retail value! 
They did not have any bags, clothing, etc. (bummer!)

The Warehouse!

So basically the bigger the size the less desirable the mocc, which was awesome for my size 6 kiddo since I bought mostly sizes she could grow into.

When 10 am hit they let the first 70 people who were in line get first dibs (that was me!) I was confident that there would be plenty of moccs to choose from so instead of frantically running to the boxes of moccs I ran over to Susan, the Mom who started the company, and introduced myself and snagged a picture with her. She was super sweet and I was definitely star struck!


Here is what was inside...
Lots of bitty moccs in sizes 1-3. The higher up you went in size the less availability there was. For the bigger sizes they had a lot of neutral colors like greys, browns, and blues. I felt like they were heavy on boy colors but I managed to find a girly pair in each size for B. In the smaller sizes they had all sorts of colors and patterns. The really cool thing was that some of the moccs were "test" pairs and had never been released to the public! They had leopard, neon orange, blue snakeskin, floral prints, and lots of other colors I had never seen. Truly one of a kind! And while I didn't see any of those in Blair's size, they were very fun. They didn't have any of the newer or super popular colors like the American flag ones, the new tropics line, or many neon ones. Here's my stash!

Top ones for Blair, bottom for her friend and bitty ones for our next baby...whenever that happens! I know, I plan ahead a bit much...

Once our ten minutes were up they ushered everyone over to the line where we purchased our moccs and were on our way. When I left the warehouse all eyes were on me and I did tell a few eager ladies what to expect, which they were grateful for.

Overall it was a great experience and I would DEFINITELY do it again. And while I was bummed none of my friends could make it, I enjoyed meeting new mama friends!

Make sure you check and see if you were the lucky WINNER of the Autumn Designs and Co. Giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. So jeli you got to go to this! I asked my sister to go who lives in Orange County for me but the no kids part was a smidge too difficult for her. Great loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make friends with someone in the area as I live on the East Coast. I have been dying for an Heirloom or neon or any pair really. I have two daughters (size 2 and size 5). Perhaps I'll fly out for the next one. I totally would have gotten an itty pair for the next babe as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great purchase! I wish I would of gone! No one wanted to go with me :( such a bummer. Hopefully they have another in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome!! I totes would have picked up a pair or two for #2 as well! Of course I'm in the same boat as your but with 6 years of fighting Infertility

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I commented on your pick on FB - didn't even realize it was you! We must have been pretty close to each other in line, I see a stroller that was behind us in you pic and my GF in your other pic. :) The line WAS fun and went by pretty fast. Lots of fun girl talk without little ones needing our attention. Wish I'd known to come say "Hi!" I'm super jelly you snagged that Island Sunset color for Blair! And the metallics! I didn't see any of those (I lingered too long in the small sizes). I only got a Steel color for K, but plenty for baby boy. Definitely a fun morning!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recap is super helpful. I am planning on going to the warehouse sale in Miami. Can you tell me, did you if you see any of the next step mocs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they did have the next step moccs but they sold out after the second wave of people shopped.

      Delete
    2. Wonderful, thanks for the info!!

      Delete
  7. Your recap is super helpful. I'm planning on going to the warehouse sale in Miami. Did you see any of the next step mocs? I really want to get my girls a pair... not sure if I should try for Black Friday sale or wait for the warehouse. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!