work and play

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last week I busted my chops to complete the book Water for Elephants by Friday so the hubs and I could go see the movie after work. After running some errands I didn’t have time to completely change from work so I swapped some daytime pieces for nighttime pieces and off we went! Here are the results…

 my work attire (keep in mind i'm a teacher so almost every time i get dressed i put on a sweater:) )

necklace from Ann Taylor Loft

ring from Gorjana, nail polish from Zoya in Dove

sandals from Target (seriously one of my best purchases) nail polish by Zoya in Caitlin

 jasmine outside our bedroom window...love how it smells at night!

i swapped my trusty sweater for a leather jacket, my gloss for red lipstick (house wine by MAC) and my flat sandals for heels

 who says you can't bike in style?

biking to the near-by movies

Daytime
Dress: Brass Plum
Flats: xhilaration, target
Sweater: ATL
Necklace: ATL
Lipstick: mellow mood by MAC

Nighttime
Dress: Brass Plum
Heels: Jessica Simpson
Jacket: Brass Plum ( I’ve had this since high school!)
Lipstick: house wine by MAC

What are some of your tricks for going from daytime to nighttime?
PS the movie was good but the book was better. Isn’t that always the case? I saw previews for Something Borrowed so guess what I’m reading now on my kindle?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You know that JCrew give Teachers a 15% off discount right???

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!