Bone Appetite

Saturday, May 14, 2011

While I don't typically post on the weekends, I owe you one for last week when the blogger site was down. On Thursday night our sweet married friends, Daniel and Natalie, came over for dinner. I kind of got wrapped up in our (always interesting) conversation and forgot to snap photos of our main course before it was gone. I guess that's a good problem to have! We ate outside because the weather was so nice and then argued over whether we should go for a walk (the girls' choice) or play Yahtzee (Daniel's choice). We compromised and went for a walk. ;) Daniel, I promise next time we will do it your way. Maybe. Here are a few shots from our evening. Have a great weekend! What are your plans?

 i borrowed this recipe from Natasha at Schue Love (minus the hard-to-find buffalo cheese)

 we used fresh basil from our garden 
nailpolish: Zoya in Marley
tunic: ATL
necklace: Bella James boutique (San Jose)

 our crafty little silverware transporter plus a dog bone to keep Bella from begging

 cutest napkins ever given to me from my mom in my Christmas stocking. :) Bone appetite!

the pretty twinkle lights i insisted to Matt that we buy...

our "in-the-making" deck. a neighbor down the street built the chairs and bench for us. Matt bought the chair cushions for me for Christmas and I picked out the pillows from Pottery Barn. I really wanted an outdoor rug but I know it is impractical with a huge tree that hangs overhead and drops leaves/bugs/bird droppings etc. Plus a firepit that can burn holes in it probably won't make a good case for it. Boo.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! We'll be over next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH love that you made the caprese! Looks delish...and so great the basil came from your garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your silverware transporter. I cannot count the number of trips I make from the kitchen to our deck!! Do remember where you purchased it? I love the dog napkins too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!