Paleo chocolate chip ckookies

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My latest health kick (if you could call it that) is not eating anything "fake." So soda, Crystal Lite, spray butter, etc are out the window. Of course the occasional Cheeto creeps in but on the whole I've been reaching for "full fat" items instead of "non fat." M is not amused by my choices because this means I have stopped buying Crystal meth Lite and he chugs that stuff like it's his job.

Fast forward to our small group Bible Study last night when a girl in our group brought over paleo chocolate chip cookies. Bomb dot com. These things were SO good and tasted just like their twin over at Nestle! I hustled over to Sprouts and bought these ingredients:

3 cups almond flour

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup raw honey

2 large eggs

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips

Then I followed these instructions:

preheat oven to 375

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer or wire whisk.

Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and beat with mixer or fork until combined.

Add the melted coconut oil and continue to blend until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. 

Drop tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.

Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. 

*I actually baked at 350. They were getting a bit crispy at 375!

She found this recipe at paleoplan.com but I had trouble locating it there.




While they aren't the prettiest cookies they sure are darn tasty! And I don't fell so bad eating one a few. Today my Aunt, my Mom, and Blair and I are driving up to Santa Rosa in Northern California. God be with us as we travel for 8 hours in the car with that toddler... You will know how it went based on if I blog Thursday or not. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look divine! Good luck on your road trip. Loading the iPad with episodes of my daughter's favorite show (Spongebob Squarepants...one of my prouder mom moments) has always been our life saver! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!