Go to Bed

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. That is what we were on Sunday night when we gave Blair a dose of her asthma medicine before bed. I knew it was a stimulant but didn't think it would really affect her. Plus, the doctor said to give it to her before bed, so I did. And then I proceeded to curse his name when she was up and zooming around our bedroom at 10:30 pm. Let's be real, I really look forward to 7 pm when she is tucked away in bed. Time for me to unwind, watch some Walking Dead and get some blogging done. Well that did not happen. It was more like this...




"Oh, hey guys, let me just read to myself while you two sleep on my bedroom floor." Sigh. We finally put the little tornado to bed at 10:30 and while she did cry for 5 minutes she was zonked after that. We definitely learned our lesson on asthma medicine after that and now I'm convinced I should be having that instead of coffee in the am. :) Zoom, zoom, zoom.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am so sorry. I look forward to bedtime each day too and there's nothing like staying up until 10:30 but not getting to do any of your "me time" activities. I can't believe your pediatrician would say to give it to her before bed if it produces that kind of reaction. Also, we LOVE The Walking Dead too! Can't wait for the season premiere on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel the same way when 7 o'clock rolls around! We have a 1 year old and I enjoy that me time before going to bed too. Hopefully she slept in a little for you the next morning?! She is such a cute toddler!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!