Weekend Wedding

Monday, August 18, 2014

Finally a weekend where we were home for the most part. Other than a wedding on Saturday night in San Diego we stuck around here. We carpooled down to the wedding with a couple we are good friends with. The guy also happens to be our close high school friend and current pastor of the church we attend. Funny how that happens. I still know him as the same goofy kid I went to middle school with.

Needless to say they had some solid encouragement for us me. M is pretty stable. I'm the blubbering idiot. Would you be surprised if I told you I cried on the way to the wedding (and back home!). Probably not. Our poor friends were stuck in the same car with me for a total of 3 hours. AND to top it off I accidentally dropped a spicy, messy shrimp cocktail all over her dress at the cocktail hour. Seriously? Worst. Friend. Ever. She later told me, "Good thing I like you more than this dress." ;) Of course she was so sweet about it. I was mortified.


I can't remember the last time I did my hair and makeup so I had M document it. :)
earrings: stella and dot, dress: forever 21, belt: target, shoes: steve madden, purse: CAbi
 The bride was a childhood friend of Matt's, and I went to middle school and high school with her. We also coached a local swim team in town. She was a beautiful bride and we're so happy for them!



the newlyweds
Oh and you better believe this 30 year old mama took off her heels and belt faster than you can say "I do" when we got back in the car. I honestly wonder how I ever wore things like that in college for like 5 straight hours. Killer. Hope you guys had a great weekend and have a good Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You look great and I totally understand your emotions! My hub is a total rock during our 5 year battle with infertility. It's so nice to have good and encouraging friends!

    Much love girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot mama!!! Praying for you during your infertility. Excitedly waiting for good news every time I catch up on your blog. And in the mean time, I love seeing Blair's beautiful smile! ;) XO

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!