(In)Fertility Fridays + a nursery

Friday, August 29, 2014

Medically
We went in to get blood drawn at Kaiser this week to prove to our new doctor that we don't have any STD's. That way when it's insemination time (IUI) we will be ready to go! Still haven't determined how many rounds of IUI we will do before loading up the big guns (IVF).

We also had to pee in some cups for STD testing and when M came out of the restroom B loudly asked him if he went poo poo. The very full waiting room turned all their attention to M, who humbly replied, "Nope. Just pee pee this time." Ha ha nothing is sacred!

Emotionally
Not too emo over here lately. Honestly, just looking forward to the new doctor and new treatment plan. Is it possible that I might actually be accepting this road that we've been asked to travel on? Maybe?! After last week's insurance debacle I have my fists up and am ready for the next hurdle. "Nobody gonna hold me down. No oh, I've got to keep on mooooovin!" ;)

Spiritually
A few words that encouraged me on Sunday, "God's plan is flawless and we are called to be obedient and have faith. Many people have faith in their own plans, but it should be in God's plan. Our Savior is always more powerful than the storm. There is no better place to be than in a storm because Jesus called you there. Nothing will be impossible as long as it is God's will. God will strengthen your faith if you trust in Him." -Pastor Daniel Bishop

And from my devotional, "I will go to Him in my helplessness, I will tell Him that I am still His child, and finding confidence in His faithful heart, even I, the barren one, will sing and cry aloud. Sing, believer, for it will cheer your own heart and the hearts of other who are desolate. The experience of our barrenness is painful, but the Lord's visits are delightful. A sense of our own poverty drives us to Christ, and that is where we need to be, for in Him our fruit is found." -Charles Spurgeon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are still waiting for my nephew to arrive! Poor sis-in-law was due last Saturday :/. Blair is itching to get her little mitts on that baby boy! Hoping to share pictures of him soon! In the mean time check out his darling vintage travel themed nursery! (all monograms and names have been covered for the element of surprise post birth!)*
















How cute is his little room? This is going to be one abundantly loved baby, let me tell you! Come out come out wherever you are! ;)
* Hudson was born Friday, August 29th at 12:55 pm. Mama and baby are well! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that nursery, so pretty. I'm loving your positive attitude, you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quotes are excellent! So well timed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey-I know we'll probably never meet but I've been praying that God puts a little babe in your belly! And you read Spurgeon? Great author and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!