Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Friday, March 28, 2014

Yesterday I found a great recipe over at Erinn's blog for wheat banana chocolate chip muffins! I was stoked to have all the ingredients on hand and even happier to have an activity to entertain Blair with. :) So we whipped up the muffins and they were gone in less than 24 hours (embarrassing, I know). The recipe included wheat flour and greek yogurt, which I love for health reasons. Plus they are super easy to grab on your way out the door for breakfast. Winning! Now if that was the only time of day I ate one I would be in better shape. :/






Ingredients
1 C unbleached whole wheat flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C dark chocolate chips
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 C sugar
1/4 C greek yogurt
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan (mine made 12). In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl beat bananas, sugar, yogurt, egg, and vanilla until blended. Stir into dry mix until just combined (do no over mix!). Fold in chocolate chips and divide mixture into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

 And just because I'm wondering if any other moms have to get to do this...wait for the trash truck to come because it's so entertaining...

yup. in the driveway in our pjs. awesome.

annnnd with lunch on her face.
Thursday is trash day and boy do we love it! Well one of us does, anyway. Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the muffins! And of course, I don't know a kid who doesn't love trash day, we also live the mailman because he comes everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Love the pic of her in the car with eating! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!