Neutral Baby Shower Ideas

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It seems that I am forever in party planning mode. Which is both good and bad. I love love love seeing the finished product but sometimes prepping for them can be challenging (ie: time consuming with a toddler). Now that Blair's 2nd birthday is over and I've had a couple weeks to recover I'm dreaming up my sister-in-law's baby shower for her sweet little boy (due August!). This is an extra special shower because her little boy will be Blair's first cousin!

Tiffany is planning a rustic, neutral, and industrial-ish style nursery so I am going with that for her shower decor. She is also adding a few rustic airplanes to the room. Here are a few things I have picked out below along with her sweet bump!






I kinda have a mish mash of things pinned on pinterest but am thinking less lace (it's a BOY!) But still lots of burlap/neutral tones. Not sure if or how to incorporate the industrial airplanes. We will see. I love the scripture and am thinking about writing it on one of my chalk boards. Either way it will all come together in the end and I'm excited to start planning the details!

13 comments:

  1. I love those airplanes - where did you get them?? Great job on the decor! She's going to love it! (And, she's so darn cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute ideas and your SIL is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness at first I thought that was you! When is she due? We are due with a little girl August 17th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nope not me! she is due the 22 of august...you guys are almost due date twins!

      Delete
  4. My son's bedroom is fairly neutral with splashes of airplane decor.... Restoration hardware has crib sheets and pillowcases with the pattern Vintage Airplane Blueprint. I bought a couple of pillow cases on super sale (to match the sheets) and cut them up to use the fabric to cover a lampshade and bunting..... it's navy/white or gray/white - maybe that would help incorporate it??? Also, at my shower, my friends bought those plain balsa wood gliders as part of the decor - they'd kind of match the burlap color scheme..... maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! Its kinda my inspiration for Ellie's birthday!! just add some Mint and Coral and we would be good to go!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those airplanes! Totally have had my eye on them for Owen's big boy room forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hobby Lobby has lots of cute planes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea, just adorable!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE everything about this! Especially the airplanes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!