Blair's 2nd Birthday Details

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Prepare for photo overload. I seriously CAN'T get over what a wonderful job my friend Carrie did shooting her special day. I paid her in donuts so I hope it was worth it. ;)

The day of the party started out pretty rocky...it was WINDY and if you know anything about balloons and wind it is that they do not mix. I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof as I scrambled to and fro picking up place cards/napkins/etc. Every time a gust came up I was chasing down balloons and preparing for a hurricane. I was pretty ridiculous but when you plan something out for every last detail and it goes awry it can be frustrating! Needless to say the wind did eventually stop and we were able to get some photos without the balloon being completely horizontal.

We served (what else) donuts, bagels, and yogurt parfaits,  along with coffee, OJ and good ol' 2% milk. I'll explain in more detail how I DIYed everything later this week. But if you're curious about any one thing let me know in the comments and I'll add it to my list. :)

My brother and his wife hosted the party since they have HUGE backyard. It was perfect and I hope they are ok with me having every party there from here on forward.



caught the wind in its act




guests were able to choose their drink of choice to go with the donuts






i think this is the 4th time i've used those lace stenciled jars









i got to cuddle with my friend's sweet 2 month old baby, Harper



The day turned out so well and we were so blessed to have so many friends and family who showed up to celebrate our sweet girl. She got an overwhelming amount of clothes (yay no laundry for a month!) and some really fun toys. Plus, bonus of getting to wear PJs all day! Yes, this party was secretly for me. ;)

23 comments:

  1. wow! such a cute party! Love the "thank you a hole bunch!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Great job Momma!!! Kind of obsessed with the fact that it was a pj party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the donut theme! The cups with the donuts on the straws are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! How cute is this?!? And the fact that you are all in your pajamas... I DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the theme and especially love your pajamas!!! So cute. :) I would love to know what cool toys your daughter received as gifts... my daughter is soon turning two and I need ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she got the disney klip klop princesses and those are a hit. also purses with bracelets are always a win. she got a spiraled race track by fisher price and loves pushing cars down that. she got the little people doll house and likes to pretend with them. also anything like baby dolls, strollers, high chairs all get her really excited. :)

      Delete
  7. Precious!! I bet there were no donuts left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so amazing!! Love the donuts over the milk glasses! And you're right, your brother's backyard is huge! So nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing party! It was too cute for words! How did you make those stencil jars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sis in law made them. i'm pretty sure you just buy lace and tape it down and then spray paint over it!

      Delete
  10. This party is so great! And look at you all in your pj's! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love this!! Those milk glass jars are awesome - where are they from? Everything about this party is so cute. Also I love the #2 balloon - where do you find those? This so helps me in my planning for Ellie's 1st birthday!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. milk jars are from amazon and the number two balloon was purchased at party city. most party stores sell them!

      Delete
  12. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Natalie this is so very adorable! I might just have to take this idea for Hayley! You did an AMAZING job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks melinda! you are more than welcome to borrow all the stuff. the perks to living close by! ;)

      Delete
  13. This turned out adorable! Seriously impressive. Well done mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this theme! Totally want to do this for my daughter's 2nd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously SO SO adorable! I love the comfy pi's theme! Happy Belated to Blair!

    xx Viv @ joiedeviv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You totally outdid yourself!!! Such a beautiful party!! Happy 2nd Birthday Blair!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is seriously the best idea for a party ever!! Loved all of your little details! Great Job Mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!