Kitchen Cabinet Re-do

Thursday, March 20, 2014

     Lo and behold the cabinets are (almost!) finished! Finished enough to show you and see what you think, anyway! We are really happy with the outcome and are excited to tackle the island in a couple weeks once our arms aren't sore anymore. ;) We love how bright the white makes the kitchen and how it breaks up the brown tile, brown paint, and brown back splash. We were originally thinking of painting the island an accent color but are now thinking that we really like the white and don't feel overwhelmed by the white cabinets. But please tell me what you think!

BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER
still can't wait to replace the lighting above the island




cup pulls by cosmas on amazon, handles by amerock on amazon

so fresh and so clean!


I could not be more pleased with the outcome. BONUS: the cup pulls were less than $2 each on amazon! Buying in bulk = winning! Same with the handles. I like how the round pulls soften the harsh rectangular lines of the granite counter top and the drawers themselves. We had a lot of rectangles going on and it was nice to have a rounded pull. And while I don't hate the original hinges I'd be happy to part with them eventually.

Soooo here's the next question...what color would you paint the island? I think we're leaning towards white. Thoughts?


Remember half of the island will be left the same color as the walls because it's not all wood, so it wouldn't be that much white anyway. Just this one side would be painted. I do like having pops of color in my home but am a firm believer that the color should be easy to change...like throw pillows, rugs, blankets etc...not expensive items like couches or re-painting an island for example. Thanks in advance for all your ideas!

PS yesterday I got the cutest little top at Target and I can't wait to show you how versatile it is! And at $12 you can't go wrong!

             
 












                                   

18 comments:

  1. I'm all for a nice clean feel in the kitchen, so I'd keep the island cabinets white if it were me. I love how by changing just the paint color and by adding a few new things like the rug makes the entire kitchen look brand new. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and bright! I love white kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your update! I am a sucker for beautiful white cabinets! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabinets look fantastic! I would do the island white too. Would it be weird to paint the wall portion of the island a different color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! I'm sure you're exhausted from all that painting. I would absolutely paint the island all white to match the cabinets. Would it be weird to paint the *whole* thing white and not have the other side match the color of the walls? I think it is something you could only tell in person, so you're the best judge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous job! I love your dining room table and chairs. Would you mind sharing where you got them from? Sorry I am posting from anonymous by the way, my Google isn't connecting for some reason.

    Thanks and beautiful job :)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure! the table is from crate and barrel and the chairs are from target (online). thanks!

      Delete
  7. Oh it looks gorgeous! I would paint the island cabinets white. However, what if you painted the opposite side of the island white or a pop of color?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love it! It looks so great.

    I would paint the island white. But, I'm not very adventurous and like things to match :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic! I would paint the island white.

    May I ask what color paint you used on the cabinets? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we used the rustoleum cabinet painting kits and chose the pure white color in the kit. hope that helps!

      Delete
  10. I think you should paint the island cabinets white, It will be the most cohesive with the rest of your decor.

    Where did you get Blair's kitchen from? I love it and think my little one needs it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got it at a local consignment store for $40! But i've seen super cute ones at pottery barn kids (of course)

      Delete
  11. I absolutely LOVE the white cabinets. We are house hunting, and white cabinets are at the top of my list! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely a white cabinet girl, so of course I love this! I would paint the cabinets on the island white if it were me! Looks so nice! Bright, fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the white!! You guys did a great job! What a beautiful and large kitchen!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cabinets! It makes your kitchen look totally different and great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!