You Gotta Have Friends

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ande and Blair
Yesterday B and I went on our weekly play date with some other mommies. We went out to lunch and B had the blowout of the century. I even quipped before I nursed her, "B always blows out when I nurse her without the boppy..." And low and behold... major blowout. I should have known! So I learned a couple things yesterday

1. always bring extra clothes... for ME (poop ALL over my skirt)
2. baby poop actually can drip
3. restaurant owners would prefer that I carry a dripping pooping baby through their whole restaurant instead of taking care of the problem asap...sigh. I did what I thought was the lesser of two evils.

Despite her mess I still had a great time and when I got home B slept in her swing for two hours! Hallelujah!

I decided that I wanted to keep a monthly journal about B so I can look back and add it to her scrapbook when I get around to it (never!?).

THREE MONTHS
- reciprocating smiles
- lots of talking/cooing
- noticing herself in the mirror
- enjoys looking at other babies (hence above!)
- plays by herself on her play mat for 30 minutes plus
- one overnight feed
- less daytime napping
- enjoys her swing, the pool, baths, walks, being outside, errands, ceiling fans, and anything with contrast

B after she enjoyed a long bath. :)

Today we are going to Huntington Beach again to pick up my brother from his senior trip. Looks like another day of lounging at the beach is in order!

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Blair are adorable! I love the ones of her after a bath. So cute! Have fun today with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the things to look forward to...blow outs and all! ;) Glad you made it through that incident and you can to enjoy some R&R on the beach today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go to Coco's like 2 times a week because they constantly had ceiling fans on. The hostess would take us to our seat and we would politely say "no! We need a fan!" haha! Whatever makes them happy is fine with me!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!