Woah Mama

Friday, June 1, 2012

I took the picture below because I want to remember what I looked like three months after having a baby. Mostly to be able to look back at my body after I have more kids (much later) so I can compare, but also to inspire me to get back on the horse and work out regularly. I know that some readers may think that I'm overly confident posting this picture but to be honest I had to be very brave to do this. All I know is that if I were going to be having a baby soon (or ever again) I would want to know what a "real" post-pregnancy body looks like. Not the celebrity kinds (so annoying. anyone can look good with a nanny and a chef and a trainer!). This is my body 12 weeks after delivery, with moderate exercise (mostly jogging and walking) and an 1800 calorie "diet" (1200 + 500 extra for breastfeeding), and six hours (average) of sleep a night. Some days I workout and eat well, and some days I don't. Basically, I'm not the most consistent but I think I have more good days than not. No photoshop so no judging!

belly pooch and flabby thighs courtesy of Blair
Still sporting "linea negra." The line that develops down the front of your belly when you are prego. When does that go away BTW? So, this is what all you pregos and future mommies have to look forward to. It's far from perfect (and in desperate need of a tan) but worth it when you get a sweet baby at the end. :)

PS I realize I'm kind of setting myself up here for ridicule (Shut it, Josh S.) but "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all." This took major guts and I don't want any flak!

13 comments:

  1. I'm very jelous! You look amazing Natalie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic natalie!!! great suit too! my linea negra is still around (6 months post baby). maybe it disappears at different rates for everyone? but wondering when mine will fade too! looks like you all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I can't wait to be cleared to exercise at my appt next week, although I have to thank my mom for awesome genetics to help with the weight I dropped so far! I too still have my linea negra... waiting not so patiently for it to fade. Can't even see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, if I look like that post-pregnancy I will be SOOO happy!! You look awesome...totally rocking the 2 piece!! Happy Friday N! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say that you look amazing!! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome - totally helpful to post this, it gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes girl, you look amazing! Nothing to be concerned about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok seriously...you look amazing and I really hope you know that and believe it. It's true! I've never had a baby and don't even look that good. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! I had that dark line on my belly for a good 8 months - it was so annoying! I also found that when Layton was 5 months old I was almost 10 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant and I wasn't exercising at all - not watching what I ate or anything... but I was still exclusively breastfeeding so I definitely am proof that BFing helps with weight loss! Anyhow, you look amazing and don't worry you'll be back to your pre-prego weight before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you still look amazing!! I'm sure you are your worst critic, so you notice everything extra, but really... you are totally able to rock a 2 piece (b***h!! lol) Breastfeeding makes you get your body back the easiest... just be careful once you stop or slow down because you get used to the extra calories. I think I got rid of that line around 6 months? I can't remember... so annoying! I don't even see it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natalie, you look fabulous! I love how real you are - sharing everything. I think you look great. You encourage me and make me want to have kids sooner (rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is giving me confidence because at this point, I feel like I will FOREVER be ginormous and never fit into anything again. Ever. LOL.

    Also, I like reading your "maternity mondays" that correspond to the week I'm in, and freaked out a bit when I realized I'm almost 36 weeks...and you delivered Blair at 35! Holy moly...I gotta get on my nursery! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!