Stan the Man

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to write this post but after a week of not seeing our cat, Stan, it seems the writing is on the wall. We have had our sweet cat, Stan, for about four years now and love him dearly. He was the kind of cat that acted like a dog. He would sleep on our bed ( in between us if we let him) or on Matt's chest/lap, go on evening walks with us, and follow us around the house from room to room. When we moved he wasn't thrilled but eventually made the adjustment to our new home and life with baby.

The last time we saw Stan was late Wednesday night. He wasn't around for breakfast and by the time dinner rolled around we still hadn't seen him. We do have coyotes in our neighborhood ( the thought of this sickens me) but we had them in our old neighborhood too. He showed up on our porch four years ago as a stray and we wonder if he decided to move on again but think this is unlikely. We're just super upset about it. I try to just imagine that he decided to move on to another family because anything else makes me break down. The thought of anything hurting him breaks my heart. I feel like a terrible pet mommy. I keep thinking "what if". What if we had let him sleep inside that night? What if we had put him in the garage? What if we forced him to wear his collar?

So I dedicate this post to sweet Stan. We will never have a cat as charming and handsome as you.


Stan's last picture taken the day before he disappeared

Helping M do some work

Taking over Bella's bed

Taking over our bed...

Until we meet again, Stan! I really think our pets go to heaven. :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww. I am so sorry to hear this! How far is your old house from your new one? My cat used to go back to our first house for about a year after we moved. Check the local pounds too. Hopefully he will come back or has found another loving family to bless with his cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hopefully he's ok and comes home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...this breaks my heart!! I'm so sorry Natalie! :( I hope he just magically shows up soon...cats are pretty resilient! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this! How far is your old house from your new one? My cat used to go back to our first house for about a year after we moved. Check the local pounds too. Hopefully he will come back or has found another loving family to bless with his cute face!

    2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil CoinsBuy elo boost

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!