Target, Starbucks, Disneyland, Repeat.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Guys! I stumbled upon the cutest shirts ever from the Etsy shop called, "What the Hipster Baby." The owner kindly sent me and Blair matching tees that say, Target, Starbucks, Disneyland, Repeat. Since that pretty much sums of life lately I was so excited to wear them! All she needed to them was "infertility." Ha ha jk. ;)

When I wore them at Disneyland I got stopped several times to ask where they were from or just to be told, "OMG those shirts are so cute!" It was fun and I can't wait to wear them again! Even the Disneyland employees were getting a kick out of them.








And just for fun some out takes. Not sure what this pose is here? She even had her own cup but hid it behind her back for the other pictures. I also removed my necklace because it made the shirt hard to read.

Clearly she is thrilled to be doing this. Enter spilled drink here. Good thing it was empty. ;)

Blair hair pretty: Little Elle Boutique
Blair pants: Gap
Blair shoes: freshly picked moccs

My pants: Cabi
My shoes: Target
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medical
I don't have much to report on infertility other than I had my two hour blood glucose/insulin test on Tuesday. I actually don't even hate the drink they give you. Is that a warning? In other news I go in early next week to take a blood pregnancy test and if it comes back negative then I believe I start a beta cycle of IVF (I'm not even sure what that means yet). I think the first medication I'll be on is Lupron.

Lupron is often prescribed for endometriosis because it dramatically lowers estrogen levels by regulating the body's production of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). The uterine lining is highly dependent upon estrogen for growth.

In IVF treatment, when a patient is on the "luteal Lupron" protocol she usually starts Lupron seven days prior to her next menstrual cycle. Dosages are adjusted based upon each patient's individual response. This link describes what I'll be going through.

Emotional
This girl is ready for IVF! Excited to move forward and do it but I can't help being a bit anxious because "what if it doesn't work." Even just this past week though I have heard of SO many success stories with IVF.

Spiritual
I've been studying Revelation this year and this book directly encourages God's people in their present suffering, highlighting their eternal destiny and ultimate victory. This stabilizing truth about the future helps Christians to navigate the hardships of this life with unwavering hope. God calls us to the adventure of trusting and obeying him, fulfilling his great purpose in the world. God's people often do not have easy lives, but they pursue his eternal purpose by faith in Jesus who loves them. They live with the certainty that their lives are meaningful because their future inheritance is glorious, eternal, and secure. The people of God face a bright future. 

And I am STILL trying to be content in glorifying his kingdom forever even if it means never growing our family. I think I'm realizing that is something all believers work on throughout their whole life. Glorifying Jesus, when our circumstances make it really hard to. I know God is good and that he knows what is best for me, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11. And that's what I'm clinging to!

5 comments:

  1. I hope this round works like a charm! I feel like the majority of my friends who did IVF were successful, but I guess I wouldn't have heard as many unsuccessful stories too. My one friend had complete unexplained infertility, and they were successful with twins, and my other friend who has serious PCOS was only able to get pregnant twice through IVF, both on first attempt after trying for over 5 years with other methods. Her kids are almost two years apart to the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for always being SO encouraging. seriously means so much to me! wish i could give you a big hug for all your support!

      Delete
  2. Those shirts are SO cute!! And question, when, in your opinion, is a good time to go to Disneyland? I want to plan Ethan's first trip in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....I never write on anyone's blog but I started following you a year ago. You know my cousin....she was a teacher at Taft and I am a teacher in RUSD. Anyway, I had to do fertility to have both my kids. With my son I did IUI and it took the first time. When we started trying for our second it was an ENTIRELY different story. We ended up doing IVF. If you ever have any questions I would be more than happy to help. I went to Robert Anderson in Newport Beach. He is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It helps so much to know I have resources out there and that I'm not alone in this!

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!