Newport Beach Christmas Activities

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Hip hip hooray for the holidays! One of my favorite places to visit during Christmas time is Newport Beach. They offer so many awesome festive activities that enrich all your senses! I narrowed down the activities to my top five favorites. Here they are in no particular order...

1.Polar Paradise: Singing, Santa, and the lighting of the bay along with sledding, ice carvings, and puppet shows. For more information click HERE.

Polar Paradise
2. Crystal Cove Tree Lighting: This historic neighborhood decorates their beach bungalows with vintage decor. They have an annual tree lighting and the amazing Beachcomber restaurant offers cocoa, cookies, and coffee too! For more information go HERE.

Crystal Cove Tree Lighting
3. Corona Del Mar Christmas Walk: This event offers fun activities for kids for FREE! Enjoy the bounce houses, petting zoos, live music, and Santa! More information HERE.

Corona del Mar Christmas Walk
4. Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade: This is probably my all time favorite activity to do. I just love how magical the boats and homes look all decorated for Christmas! While we usually hang out and drink some hot cocoa on shore this year I want to rent a duffy boat and get in on the action like we did below for my birthday. I'm dying to take Blair this year. I know she'll flip. :) More information HERE.


5.Shopping at  Fashion Island: I'm sure M is surprised this isn't my favorite Christmas activity but it is a close second! Nothing says "Christmas" like some high end shopping with a view of the ocean. For the ultimate shopping experience click HERE.

Fashion Island Shopping
I just can't wait to get down there this year for all the Christmas fun! Don't miss out on all the activities...dates and times can be found HERE.

Don't forget there are so many fun activities to do year round as well. Here are a few...

• Grab a milkshake at Ruby’s on the Balboa Pier
• Watch the fisherman on the Newport Pier reel in the catch of the day
• Witness the gray whales migrate on a whale watching excursion
• Catch the top body surfers in action at the world-famous Wedge
• Bike along the historic Back Bay
• Hike through Crystal Cove State Park after an infamous brunch at The Beachcomber
• Learn how to kayak and use a stand-up paddleboard for the first time
• Snack on a Balboa Bar while strolling on Balboa Island
• Show outdoors at Fashion Island because the weather is great all year long – pet friendly!
• Take in a sunset cruise in a Duffy Boat around the harbor, then dock and dine at the Cannery Restaurant
• Roam the beaches at Crystal Cove State Park and the historic beach cottages

2 comments:

  1. My hometown! We'll be down in two weeks and I can't wait to show Ethan the boat parade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I so wish we lived closer to the beach - that boat show looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!