Oh, Hi!

Monday, July 13, 2015

This weekend I attended my cousin's wedding in Ojai, California. And woah. Like, I've never been to such a beautiful wedding. It was straight celebrity status. The bride, Lauren, has impeccable taste and it definitely showed.

Upon arrival to our hotel we were greeted with this thoughtful gift baskets. Cookies, a pub mix, bubbly, pears and more were a pleasant surprise after a long drive. 

 The invitations were of the most luxe paper and the program was simple a beautiful too.

There were all different types of flowers in the bouquets including peonies, roses, hydrangeas, and more. I looooove neutral wedding palettes so this was right up my aisle alley.

 Guests were given white parasols and fresh lemonade for shade against the afternoon sun. Cute and practical!

My pictures truly don't do the even justice but the table with our seating cards on them was stunning. I LOVE that she included summer peaches as part of the decor. The silver platters and hand calligraphy on the name cards were a lovely attention to detail.   



Again, I could not get a great photo of the reception since the lighting was so low but it was amazing. The chairs looked like they were all hand carved from tree branches (they weren't of course) and the olive branches adorning the chandeliers gave the room such a rustic vibe. There were flowers EVERYWHERE and professional lighting made them the spotlight on each table. 



While in person the lighting was romantic, it made capturing the event difficult with my iPhone. ;) The four tiered cake was simply beautiful. 

While I usually Rent the Runway for Black Tie affairs this time I opted to borrow my bestie's dress (saving money for that baby!). Tiff did RTR and her dress was by far the most stunning (aside from the bride's of course) at the event.


 Since I wore black I wanted to add some color with my jewelry. My necklace, c/o Happiness Boutique, really popped and added some fun to a relatively simple dress. I had the chance to choose a necklace from their site and was overwhelmed by all the beautiful choices! Think: Stella and Dot look a likes for the fraction of the cost.I'll definitely be shopping their site for future jewelry purchases. They even offer free shipping, something every company should do in my opinion. Happiness Boutique also has a great rewards program too. All you have to do is share your purchase on social media and you get rewarded for it. Great gift ideas too!


I added pink Kate Spade earrings for some more color.
And because my brother never dresses up. :) Looking suave, Kevin! And Tiff is always gorgeous.
And because I like to save the best for last, here are the handsome couple!

Congrats again, Nathan and Lauren! I hope your happily ever after is as amazing as you two.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous wedding and gorgeous dresses, too! Ojai is such a gem :) Ojai spa is my happy place!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!