(In)Fertility Friday

Friday, July 3, 2015

Because no post is complete without photos...here we are mini golfing this week. It was pretty sweet because B was able to run around while we golfed. Fun for everyone!



Her dress (similar) and moccs. My necklace: vintage 31 bits, pants: CAbi
Medical
     Well the HSG didn't get me anywhere but that was expected. My doctor says I could do Clomid again but to me there's no point since we've been unsuccessful with that 4 times. So I'm just going to continue with my thyroid, progesterone (times two), and Metformin. I decided to start progesterone suppositories after I ovulate and that did prevent me from spotting this month which is good I guess. TMI I'm sure but I like to have record of all the things we've done so far.

Emotional
     I had an emotional week with the possibility of me heading back to work as a teacher to pay for IVF. If we aren't prego by December then that's the reality of things. By then we will have given my current treatment the 6-9 months that was recommended.
     I'm struggling with the idea of B being in preschool five days a week. It would be a huge adjustment for us. We're praying about this as a possibility.
      In the meantime M has created a budget for us to follow and if I can adhere to it (bye bye Target shopping trips) then he thinks we can do IVF without me having to go back to teaching. Of course I'm willing to do anything that keeps me home with Blair till she's in Kindergarten. Here goes nothing!

Spiritual
     I've been asking the Lord to give me more faith as we trudge through this trial. If I'm being honest I lose hope often and get in moods that spiral me down to the thought that this will. never. happen. I'm not even convinced that IVF will solve all our problems which is why we are prayerfully seeking guidance in this. I would hate to spend $20K if it wasn't in His plan, because let's be honest; if it's not his plan then it's not going to get us anywhere. Here's what I have read that encouraged me to have more faith this week,
"Unbelief says, 'How can such and such things be?' It is full of 'hows'; but faith has one great answer to the ten thousand 'hows' and that answer is GOD!... Prayer without faith degenerates into objectless routine, or soulless hypocrisy. Prayer with faith brings omnipotence to back our petitions. Better not pray unless and until your whole being responds to the efficacy of your supplication. When the true prayer is breathed, earth and heaven, the past and the future say Amen. And Christ prayed such prayers. Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except that which lies outside the will of God." -Streams in the Desert
     And that last sentence is what I struggle with most. What if this just isn't in God's will for our life? How will I ever be okay with that? I still don't know. But I pray that He gives me the strength and grace to get through it, because I can't do it on my own.
   
     Heavy thoughts but I hope that this gives you more insight on how to pray. And I just want to say thank you to all of you who send me encouraging emails regularly. They spur me on SO much and make this trial seem more bearable when I know that they inspire you too! Love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you lots! I truly believe that where there's a will, there's a way! Don't give up hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you on Instagram a while back and found your blog today. I'm behind on all of the details, and I'm sure people give you information left and right. But we struggled to get pregnant and I ended up having a laparoscopy survey because of my family history with endometriosis. And that did the trick (we are actually facing that choice again trying to get pregnant for the second time.) My doctor said that the HSG procedure will sometimes show clear even when you have endo, and any little bit can cause problems. Like I said, I don't know your whole story, but I've made it my mission to make sure people know about this option since I didn't until a co-worker suggested it. I have a more detailed post about it on my blog if you're interested. I will pray that you guys are surprised with good news this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glow, or Glow First has a program to help pay for IVF. I think it has to be started around 10 moths prior to needing to use the non-profit service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you and your sweet little family! I am getting my teaching credential this year and I am sure that you are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!