LGD: little green dress

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thank you thank you thank you for all your encouraging comments yesterday! I'm glad I'm not totally off base with my wide stripe idea...I just know it's going to be quite some time before we get to that since all we are doing now is eat, sleep, and paint those kitchen cabinets. M predicts it will take us two months. Oy. I sure hope not. As it is we have been painting every night till 11-12 pm. Gotta do whatcha gotta do!

On to more girly things...work it Wednesday is baaaaaack! Well, for this week anyway. I was browsing through some of my old posts and realized how much I like styling one piece a few totally different ways. I enjoy seeing how people do this in fashion magazines as well as Pinterest. Let me know if it's something that interests you or if you just want to see more of Blair. ;)

I recently picked up this green dress at Target (Xhilaration). I loved the bright green and have found that it's actually more versatile than you would think! Plus St. Patrick's Day is coming and this will be spot on. :)

Here are a few ways I styled it below for many different looks...

The dress is fitted up top and then flares out at the natural waist. I got a size small and am 5'4 128 ( I usually wear a 4/6). Glad the whole world knows my stats now...


A jean jacket makes it casual but the wedges and statement necklace add some flirtiness

for those of you bearing the storms i added leggins, rain boots, a jacket and a scarf

i literally dusted off these shoes for this shoot. clearly not going on too many dates. i toughened up the dress with a leather jacket and leather heels along with a chain necklace

my go-to teacher outfit...dress, cardi, skinny belt, and flats keep it work appropriate
maybe my favorite look?! i turned the dress into a skirt by adding a chambray top. the skinny belt gives me a waist and the boots bring out some country. every girl's got a little bit of country in her!

took a risk here with the Cal Poly (go mustangs!) sweatshirt but i like the look! converse make it super sporty and mom friendly. hair in a pony would complete the look.
Hope you liked my little run down...M for sure rolled his eyes every time he read the phrase "the look." And he definitely heavy sighs when I call my clothes "pieces." Like, "these pieces are SO cute together!" But hey, it's true...they are! ;) What was your favorite look? Are you on your way to Target now?! 

Side note: B made herself so upset last night (over something silly) that she projectile vomited her cup of milk all.over. Matt. Yup, daddy took the hit while I was at the gym...oops. Don't worry he got Bella outside before she licked up all of the puke and even gave B a bath afterwards! He did the unthinkable and washed her blanket! But for some reason B was ok with it...PHEW. Good times over here. I knew something was up when I walked in the door and a) there was a load of laundry running b) there was sanitizer out c) Blair was in the bath and I hadn't requested one. It all makes sense now...





11 comments:

  1. Love the way you styled that dress!! Such pretty looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come style all the pieces in my wardrobe... PLEASE! I mean we don't live that far. You seriously look ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how you styled this dress! So fun and my favorite look is the boots and scarves. In fact, might have to recreate that for today...since naturally, we have tons of snow and gross weather right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love "Look 2". So cozy yet SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously this is so cute! I need to add a leather jacket to my wardrobe for date nights! Especially because I know they are going to be so few and far between in the months up ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is look 2, I like that its cozy and stylish at the same time and I love that you paired the dress with hunters. I also like look 6 it's different but super cute and I wish I had thought to pair a sweatshirt with a dress for casual errand running days. I'm pretty sure I will be going to Target this weekend, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress! The color and cut are perfect! Sad I didn't see one today at Target. Great job styling them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I am in love with that dress. I am digging the jean jacket look and the rain boots.

    You can find me blogging about "Life on the Parsons Farm" : atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of them! Seriously, you took a simple, super cute dress and made so many different outfits! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, never know that a green dress can be paired with different shoes! I love the dress with a leather jacket and leather heels along with a chain necklace.
    vintage wedding dress

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!