Kitchen Cabinet Overhaul

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

     Thanks for all the sweet complements on my dress in yesterday's post! It's an old find from pre-Blair times. I bought it at Nordstrom and have gotten a lot of use out of it!

I actually came down with a yucky stomach virus Sunday night and was in bed all day Monday. I'm sure I got the bug from B. Lucky for me M has been a ton of help. How do moms with morning sickness do it with a toddler?! That would be awful.

Without further adieu we (almost) finished one section of our kitchen cabinets. A few of you have asked for tutorials and honestly we just followed the directions on the kit that we bought here. Of course there are little tricks that we have learned along the way (don't use a roller as a short cut) but we really just adhered to their instructions. Warning: this project is not for the faint of heart. It's a doozy.

We decided on pure white although a creamy white would also be beautiful. M and I battled about this and he ultimately won with several opinions from my friends and family. We have not decided on a color for the pulls yet (either brushed nickel or brushed bronze. When those arrive I'll be asking your opinion on what you like!






My original thought on the pulls was to do a dark oil rubbed bronze. The granite is dark and with so much white I thought it would be a nice contrast. But a friend mentioned that all my appliances are stainless and she would go with that. Ultimately we decided either would look nice but I would appreciate your opinions! I want to use cup pulls on the drawers and bar handles on the cupboards since we already have the holes drilled in and filling them would be a huge pain. We shall see! Either way I'm really excited to get the rest of the kitchen done...I love it!
 

12 comments:

  1. Looks so great! I was actually talking to my hub about your previous post on this, and I think I've maybe convinced him into painting ours white to, it brightens up the space so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH it already looks SOOOO good!! Can't wait to see the complete project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks GORGEOUS. Nicely, nicely done. I agree with you that the rubbed bronze would be nice. I think it would pull the browns from your walls/tile/table and chairs nicely.

    But either way, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I also love your rug and chandelier. We painted our cabinets also when we were remodeling. I agree, not an easy task but well worth it.

    PS-SO So sorry you had to pick up your Valentine AND that is was SO late! Not cool! I hope you guys liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! We just looked at a house that had an outdated kitchen. The more blogs I see I think id be able to make it work by painting them white myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. You'll love it once it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love white kitchens! I think the white cabinets totally brighten up the room. Nice job! I wish we had done more research when we painted ours but I was in a hurry to freshen things up! Hopefully our next house will already have a white kitchen, if not I'll be doing it myself but with your tutorial!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome! And no joke you guys have so many cabinets, serious undertaking... so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product! Love your rug as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so fresh! Nice work! I would definitely go with the oil rubbed bronze. It'll pick up the dark of your table nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this is an old post and you might have mentioned it already somewhere else.... but where did you get this rug?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from rugsUSA.com. I think it's an outdoor rug but it works for our space. :)

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!