Playroom Organization

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Side note: I may have eaten Blair's whole bag of happy yogi's while writing this. We're on a "no dessert" kick over here and I decided baby yogurt melts don't count as dessert. So I ate the Whole. Dang. Bag. 


I've said it before, It takes a lifetime to make a house a home. There is always something that needs tweaking and it's never quite perfect! But that's part of the fun! Well, we're far from the "we only need tweaking" camp. Hence, the playroom. We still need a kid-friendly couch, a media cabinet that doesn't look like it belongs in Barbie's house (it's pint sized), a lamp, and a fun rug (I have a rug obsession. This is not M's favorite quality about me.) Buuuuut, we did get two awesome bookshelves at the lovely Costco recently and I thought I would show them to you.

because i was a teacher i've got books for days...

books on top, organized toys on bottom

i chose a simple font. not  a huge fan of anything too "kiddish"

annnnnd i'm still working on this gallery wall.
I did make some progress on the playroom gallery wall today while B unloaded almost all the books from the shelves. :) I'm going to incorporate some of the pictures that we used at her birthday party on the gallery wall as well (what else do you do with poster sized prints of your child?!).  

I can't wait to find a bigger couch for this space so this one can go in our bedroom. Lots to do but I'm content in waiting for the right items to pop up. That's part of the fun of it, right?!

"who ate all my yogi's? I thought I could trust you!?"

(Update: um, actually M took the bag from me during the middle of my post and proceded to finish the bag off for us. Guilty!)

6 comments:

  1. She looks so freakin cute in that pic, I wish it'd warm up here so A could rock her denim jacket and not her north face. Ready to be done with winter!

    We are moving on to our playroom too! Can't wait to see youea xomw rofwrhwe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the books!! I heart books big time and I'm always buying them for E! B is so lucky to have her very own playroom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too cute! We have the same shelf from Costco. We originally used it as a console in our old house, but no of course like so many other things, it has been taken over by our baby! Makes such a great toy storage thing!

    www.colleenandkeith.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what she is wearing! She is so freaking adorable!! I cannot wait to own a house someday, little harder when hubby is in the military, but eventually we will get there.


    http://mamaslittlesecretblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very pleased to find this web site. I need to to thank you for your
    time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every part of
    it and i also have you bookmarked to see new stuff in your
    web site.

    my website; legal ecstasy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hі theгe just wanted to gіve уou a quick heаԁs up.
    Тhе text in your contеnt seеm to be running off the scrеen іn Internеt exрlorer.
    I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd
    pоst to let уou knοw. The ԁeѕign look great though!
    Hοpe you get the problеm fiхed soon.
    Ϲheers

    Fеel freе to surf tο my
    ѕite ... herbаl incense online shopping ()

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!