Office Space

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thanks to Schue Love I have some lovely new followers! All of your comments were so sweet! I can't wait to stop by all the new followers' blogs!

Last week I finally received my bookcases from Crate and Barrel. M built them and we worked together to decide which books we wanted to keep and where to put them. Arranging bookshelves is an art I tell you! I'm sure I will arrange and rearrange them a million times but for now this is what we came up with...

before
after
clearly my books...

before
after

after


proof i went to college :)

clearly M's books...
I'm very pleased with our progress. Down the road I want to add more finishing touches like an interesting, fun rug but for now at least the space is functional and all our crap stuff is accessible. I always think rugs pull a room together but M doesn't think rugs on carpet make sense. I try to tell him the rug is not for function but for looks. ;) What do you think? Are rugs ok on carpet? And what color should I do? Decisions, decisions...

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I can't wait until we get our next house and I can really do up a home office, right now everything been moved from the nursery to a corner in the basement that I never visit!

    I used to think rug on carpet might look funny, but found lots of ideas on pinterest that showed it could be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Progress is so much fun =) Lookin' good!

    And yes, rug. Definitely. In the future sure, but definitely. I agree that it would really pull the room together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the book cases! Feels good to organize! Just popped over from Natasha's blog and we are now following.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donovan loves Ayn Rand too. Our boring men. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote rug on carpet!! :)
    Your maternity pic on Shue Love was gorgeous! Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!