4 Month Check Up

Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm blogging over at Schue Love today as well so don't miss it!

I had a sneaking suspicion that B's noggin was on the large side and this was confirmed last Friday. B had her 4 month check up and her head clocked in at the 80th percentile. She's still taking after Daddy... Overall she is a mighty healthy girl especially for being a preemie. Her doctor was happy with her progress and said  he would have never guessed she was five weeks early. He marveled at her attention span, ability to focus on objects/faces, and her overall happy disposition. She is still a shorty at 23 inches (15th %) but quickly gaining speed on her weight (75%). Did you know you can get cellulite on your SHINS? B is rockin' it. She did not enjoy her shots (who does? I still cry!) but Mommy was smart and loaded her up on Tylenol beforehand. While at the doctor I also learned that what I thought was an everlasting bruise on her ribcage is in fact a birthmark! Pretty cute if you ask me. I always wanted a birthmark and never had one. Now I guess B is living out my childhood wish. :)

I don't have any pictures from her appointment but I do have some pictures from our weekend...

enjoying her OshKosh overalls :)

she put up with her Bumbo for about 10 minutes. we're trying to get her to love it! she seems to want to lean back instead of sit up.

hilarious. i've heard great things about "babiators." great sunnies for baby! they are very hard to break and if you lose them the company sends you a free pair!
Last weekend our shelves from Crate and Barrel came and they look pretty good! I'll be showing those here tomorrow. Hope you had a great weekend...looking forward to the 4th!

15 comments:

  1. Good morning! I'm coming over from Schue Love! I loved your post today offering new mommies advice! I am almost 15 weeks (Due at Christmas) and already in panic mode about how I will be able to handle a newborn!! Your post made me feel a bit easier about being a new mommy!! Thank you for your honesty!

    Congratulations on your little girl! She is beautiful!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! You will be just fine. It's crazy how fast you get to know your own child. :)

      Delete
  2. I am also coming over from Schue Love! Baby Blair is so beautiful, congratulations! I love reading mommy blogs, and I just read her birth story (both) and just loved it all. Such a sweet story!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo go Blair! It's so awesome that our little preemie babies are just shocking their doctors, it's so rewarding too as a mom to know that you are helping them thrive!

    I LOVE the sunglasses, going to look into them, they're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming over from Schue Love as well, newest follower! I also read the birth stories, I am 31 weeks and so nervous I could go early so its good to know she is healthy and everything turned out perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing how NICU doctors and nurses can help a baby survive if they are preemie. I'm sure you will be fine but get that nursery done now just in case... ;)

      Delete
  5. Blair's looking cute as always! I definitely have to check out those sunglasses, I think my Estella need to rock out a pair:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your post on Natasha's blog and came here. You're amazing! Really love your blog!!

    Lischen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is adorable! I also found you via Natasha. I loved your post today as it was 100% true and I felt EXACTLY the same. So nice to hear other new moms were feeling that way too. Our little girl is now 3.5 months and you were totally right it gets much better and is so much more fun with all the interaction were having now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww she is just so sweet and it's great to read that she's chunking up and doing so well! Loved sharing your post today...thanks again for helping out!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through Natasha's blog! I am a NICU mama as well! You have such a cute little girl, she seems like she has a big personality! haha I agree, I NEVER wanted to take O anywhere at first and now at 13 months she is my side kick and she goes EVERYWHERE with me! I am so glad bc she is SO good in public. If it is loud and she is tired she will fall asleep and if we are somewhere that she should be quiet she knows to be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your little girl is presh! glad i found your blog! it's nice to have someone who's one step ahead. :)

      Delete
  10. What a cutie pie! I think my baby boy needs some babiators too!! And I agree, my son is now 14 weeks and is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!