Motherhood Mondays

Monday, July 30, 2012

Over the weekend I started to try something new with Blair's nap time technique. I know it is frowned upon to put babies to bed on their tummy but B really seems to like it. She has got the nighttime thing down ( for the most part) but I struggle every day with her naps. Mostly because she just wants to snooze with her mama. She enjoyed her swing for a while but is now struggling to sleep there. So when she starts showing me she is sleepy I rock her a bit and then lay her down on her tummy. At first she would sleep 30 or 45 minutes but while at the beach this weekend she slept for two hours on her tummy! maybe she is starting to love it more or maybe the sound of the waves, cool ocean air, and warm sun helped? I know it always helps me nap!

 
 
What do you think about babies sleeping on their tummies? I'm not comfortable with it for night time yet but someday I'm sure she will. Besides, it's her mamas favorite way to get some zzzzzs!

5 comments:

  1. A loves to nap on me the same way, I'm sure my days are numbered. I figure once she can roll to her belly she'll know "that's the spot" (just like it is for me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom suggested it to me after me crying about similar situations. She said no bumper, no blankies or anything in the crib with them. We all slept on our tummies and we're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start my daughter off on her back, but she always ends up on her side or belly, even in the night, but every time I wake up i roll her back over and she always ends up on her back. They say that they have to start on their backs, and if they end up on their tummies it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids both slept on their tummies. I guess that was back in the day before we knew that was not recommended. They are both now healthy adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think as long as she is in a safe sleeping environment (no blankets, toys, etc.), she should be fine on her tummy! Is that Give them Grace I see in the corner? I just started reading that book and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!