{A Vintage Travel Shower}

Monday, May 26, 2014

I've SO been looking forward to sharing my sis-in-law's baby shower with you! I got the pictures from Lauren at La Sol Photography and she did an incredible job!Also a HUGE thank you to Tiny Prints for sending me some great party decor!

Since Tiffany is aiming for an industrial/rustic airplane theme for her nursery I decided to go with a theme that would match and chose "vintage travel." I incorporated mostly airplanes but added some touches of cars, boats, trains etc. The best part about her shower was that I already owned most of the decor...a win for my wallet! Enough chit chat...let's get the show on the road!

chalk board by me, paper airplanes by M (best hubby)

favor stickers c/o Tiny Prints

boat hand crafted by my Dad. guests claimed their "baggage" (favors).
photo back drop and "ticketing" area for guests to write their address on envelopes
the cutest travel thank you cards c/o tiny prints
these tied the whole theme together
"complimentary refreshments" for guests

guests wrote their name on their glass
gifts please!
all mantel decor I already owned!

a cheesy phrase for a good prize ;)
my version of a "game"
prizes and prayer cards in a vintage car (HomeGoods)
prayer cards c/o tiny prints. I later bound them in one book and gave them to the mama-to-be
The only purchased item was the black airplane! All other items were either crafted or owned by me.
I used wrapping paper for the backdrop
balsa wood airplanes spray painted black (thanks M!)
Gum, tootsie roll, and lifesavers created these airplanes
"cloud nine desserts"
my go to cake topper
I could have eaten this whole cake on my own. It was my Mom's banana bread recipe with homemade cream cheese frosting. But trust me when I say there was nothing healthy about it!
i used images from this previous photo shoot
she can't wait for her cousin!

prayers for baby boy
the cutest and sweetest prego ever
she wore that same sash at her bridal shower...so sweet!
the soon to be grammas!
he's going to be quite handsome!

I always enjoy throwing parties but this one was particularly special because I'm so excited for my brother and his wife to become parents soon. With this baby I will become an Auntie for the first time and Blair will become a cousin! Hurry up and get here August 23rd! We can't wait to meet you, sweet boy.

Many thanks again to Tiny Prints and Lauren at La Sol Photography. I couldn't have done it without you!

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shower Natalie! You did such a great job, I love all of the touches you added!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the CUTEST shower!! The photography is awesome and I life all your touches! The drink glasses are so cute ( where are they from?) and that map of the US is super neato! Did you make that or was is already owned?

    You did a fab job. I love the gum airplanes and all your signs for each thing is genious!!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! the bottles are from amazon and the map is from homegoods!

      Delete
  3. Okay...this is the most adorable shower theme EVER! And I can't believe you already had all of that stuff! Especially the big framed map...where did you get that? I love it. So so cute. What an event thrower, you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the map is from home goods and is usually in our office :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautifully planned and executed shower! So many wonderful and thoughtful details!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome awesome job Nat!! Love every detail, your sis in law/nephew are so lucky to you in their lives, so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! AMAZING JOB!!!! my nephews bday party was "travel" theme as well and i wouldve loveeddd to have had that map you have! wish i had a home goods near me!!! what amazing details!!! looks like it should be in a magazine! also i love your outfit! you look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! How did you make the gift card holders? What materials would I need to recreate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just used cardstock and some coffee sleeves from Starbucks. I secured the gift card and the sleeve down. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  8. This is so adorable! I am getting so much inspiration for my friends shower that I am planning! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!