Nursery Banner

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Nap time is craft time! Yesterday I finished the banner I've been meaning to get done in Blair's room. Here are the before's and after's:

before
Oy, you can tell I failed to open the curtains for the shots below... live and learn.




I totally winged it for this project. I didn't follow anyone's tutorial and just bought a bunch of fabric and went for it. I used no sew tape (where have you been all my life?!), scissors, and iron, and some ribbon. I also used my cricut to cut out the banner template and trace them on the fabric.


I cut the no sew tape to fit the backs of the pennants.


I left a smidge of space between each pennant so you could see the cute rick rack ribbon. Super easy and the whole project only took a couple hours. I'm pretty pleased with the end result and I think it adds a little oomph (as my aunt would say) to her room.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I adore this little bunting banner...it adds such a sweet and whimsical element to the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cute & easy banner! And loooove the chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!