Home updates

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lately I've been adding a few updates here and there around the house. Thanks to my Aunt's keen sense of interior design I've picked up some great things! And I got some GREAT deals!

coffee table $160 from consignment store
I got a seriously great deal on this coffee table. It was 30% off of the wholesale price! It retails for around a $1000 and I got it for $160! What a steal, right?! The lame iPhone picture doesn't do it justice!


lamp $80 from consignment store
 This lamp adds a little punch to our family room.

curtains $50 from Target
 I replaced some old shiny blue curtains that were here when we moved in with these. I love the print and it adds some fun to our kitchen.
pictures $30 each from Homegoods
 I nabbed these from Homegoods. Gotta love that store! I like that they remind me of San Luis Obispo (where M and I attended college).

tree $80 at consignment store
 I added some greenery to our living room. Still searching for a tray to put on the coffee table. The room still doesn't quite feel complete but I'm not sure what I'm missing. 

pictures
 Finally filled these frames that are in our bedroom. I love waking up to that smiling face! Eventually I want one photo of each one of our kids. Yes, I'm planning on three!

loveseat for $325 by Flexsteel from consignment store
 So, ultimately this will be in our master bedroom but since there is nothing in the loft area right now we plunked it down there. And I really mean plunked. I helped M haul that thing UPSTAIRS and it was not a pretty sight. I was sweating like mad by the time we got to the top.  We would like to get a pull out couch for this space eventually. Please ignore my hideous collage. I know, I know, It really needs to be fixed, I just haven't gotten around to it. I have a ten month old remember?!



6 comments:

  1. Just add little things in the spaces. Like hanging ornaments, small mirrors. Go raid Pier 1 and World market, they have tons of little goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
    Here is my webpage - cures insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee table with the baskets!! OMG!! I am so in love with them!!! And Excellent find by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your house updates/posts! Please keep writing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog last weekend, and I'm loving it!

    As for the living room, I think you're missing some variations of color. Right now everything is grey/beige/brown. Your throw cushions and blanket blend in with the couch too much. You "need" more contrasting colors perhaps? Also, more photos around that centre piece one, and I do like the idea of you putting a tray on your coffee table, with some added height for visual. I know you have a little girl but I don't know how often she's in your living room. I was thinking a few white vases (different heights, pairing in odd numbers).

    I'm not an interior decorator, nor do I own my own home lol... but I live in a crowded apartment with my Boyfriend. I'm just dying to get a home to decorate! (I mean, I can do this in the apartment but still)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The living room where you said it still feels like its missing something...what if you did a gallery picture wall on the wall with your and M's picture? There are tons of great gallery designs on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!