Twin Essentials

Friday, October 21, 2016

Lately I've had a few requests to do a post on items that I think are necessary for twin moms-to-be. My advice?

Get a nanny.

I realize that not everyone can do that or wants a stranger in their house but OMG it was the best decision we ever made. We worked it out in our budget and decided my sanity was worth every penny. I'm so much happier knowing that my laundry is done, the dishes are clean, and that someone can take/pick Blair up from school. The added bonus is that we have become friends and she even lets me talk her ear off about sleep training! Ha ha I should be paying her extra for that...

Aside from getting help here are some other items that have been super helpful with twins.

1. My brestfriend nursing pillow- this is the mother of all nursing pillows. It clips in the back for added back support and it has a pocket for your phone and water bottle.

2. The double boppy nursing pillow- so I didn't even know this was a nursing pillow. I thought it was just a place for the twins to hang out. After googling it I realized you can nurse with it AND use it as a place to rest the babes when they are done eating.

3. Double monitor- it doesn't really matter which monitor you get but I like to see each baby perfectly in their crib. Having a monitor with two cameras allows me to get a closer look at their little faces.

4. Weego double twin carrier- this carrier is actually crap. But it's the only twin carrier on the market and does help us. Typically M takes both babies on a walk in the weego to give me a break. Otherwise we carry them individually but you need two people for that. Like I said....get a nanny!

5. Dockatot- I love the dockatots. It is a great place for the twins to hang out after I feed them. I lay them down in it and they look out the window while I change and burp the other one.

6. Swings- We have two swings because one used to be at my mom's house for when Blair was a baby. I'm sure some people get by with one but it has been really helpful to have two. Babies usually love swings and this gives my back some relief.

7. The City Select stroller- This is one of the only strollers on the market that allows for two car seats to attach. So far I have really liked it!

I hope this list helps you twin mamas-to-be! For lack of a better phrase.... shit's about to get real. Now GO! Find that nanny! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am very picky to buy my kids toys. I already but walker for my little baby.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!