Calvin and Everly: Newborn Session

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Not everyone has a best friend who does their hair and takes their family photos...but I do! Within the first week of the twins being born we headed over to her studio to make memories. :) At first I told her that I wasn't going to be in any of the photos because it was too much work to get ready. She kindly told me that I would regret it (that's what besties are for!) and I sacked up and got ready.

When we showed up M was like, "Do I have enough time to run and get coffee? This only takes about 30 minutes, right?" Carrie and I about died...ummm you have plenty of time to get coffee. P.S., M, newborn shoots with twins take a few hours.

Since the twins were born in summer (every month is summer in Riverside) I wanted to forgo the typical floral wreath (which I love) and trade it for something different. I decided to add sliced up fruit among the flowers. My other bestie picked out all the fresh flowers and we arranged them together. I was thrilled with the result and can't even wait to frame them.

This little lady is quite dramatic but has been giving us allll the smiles lately! 


This picture defines him...he's always observing calmly (unless I'm trying to put him down for a nap lol). He has major FOMO and loves to be held and snuggled. 


Big sister helping with the fruit! Shorts by Hello Ellie Shop

Everly's hair bow by Cammi and Co.

These are a few of my favorites...the rest will be published once their announcements are sent out.

Overall the shoot went well and I think only 3 of the 4 adults got poop on them. Ha ha I was the only one who avoided it somehow!

All photos by Carrie Johnson.

3 comments:

  1. These photos are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely gorgeous! Your floral and fruit arranging is on point!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable, love the fruit and that it's not cookie cutter. You are a lucky mama!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!