Christmas Re-cap

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas came and went in a hurry this year but it didn't disappoint! Santa was good to Blair and brought her the world's biggest doll house. He also brought Baby a new plush butterfly that she asked for. Apparently Santa didn't realize just how giant the doll house was when he purchased it in Costco...

It is by far the ugliest and biggest eye sore anyone has ever laid their eyes on. Sigh. Once we have some friends over this beast is getting booted to the upstairs. I'll be putting that empty nursery to good use! Despite it's offensiveness the look on her face was worth it when she saw it. She said, "Mom! I'm going to play with this forever!" Once she took in the whole scene with all her gifts under the tree she kept saying, "Whaaaaat? A shopping cart? Whaaaaaat? A fridge for my kitchen?!" It was hilarious and we videoed it. I may or may not have watched it a few times already. ;)

I actually didn't take too many photos on Christmas day. Mostly because my lazy huge self laid around in any recliner I could find. Lala got Blair a sleeping bag and matching one for Baby that has been a big hit. Paired with the triple bunk bed that Gramma got her... that Baby has been doing a lot of sleeping!


Cousins in Christmas jammies!
 Again...I don't know what Santa was thinking. Frozen press on nails? They lasted a whopping fifteen minutes before she got all sorts of things caught on them. Her chubby little hands were pretty hilarious wearing them...

 I always get sad when Christmas is over but I also enjoy getting our house back in order. We spent the weekend putting away our loot and then putting away all of our Christmas decor. M was a huge help. I mean he kind of has to be since I'm still looking five months prego and can't bend over/reach for things. I feel like we are two weeks behind in life because it's basically a one man show over here. He has to help me with so much but there's only so many hours in the day. It's back to reality today with M back to work. All good things must come to an end!

Today we are supposed to find out if IVF worked. I'm crazy anxious but am glad the waiting will be over. I've been preparing myself for disappointment...surely my way of guarding my heart. It makes the fall less painful when you are expecting it I think. But at the same time I can't help but have a glimmer of hope. Funny how that works. I keep reminding myself that if now is not the time for us to have a baby then that was God's plan. It's not Him forgetting about me, it's Him choosing a better plan for our lives. There is a purpose in the waiting and He is working in this mess. I am determined to continue to be faithful and wait. In the meantime I'm trying to keep my eyes on Him and not let fear set in as it so often easily does.

Keep the prayers coming!

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today and just wanted to thank you for being brave enough to take us all on your journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Frozen Press on Nails are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!