The World of Eric Carle and Gymboree

Saturday, September 6, 2014

This is a sponsored blog post. I received compensation from Gymboree. The opinions and text are all mine.

Who doesn't love Eric Carle classics like "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear?" I just adore the bright cheerful artwork in each of his books and was thrilled to hear that Gymboree is collaborating with him in their clothing lines.

Yup. She decked herself out with all her necklaces.
On Friday Blair and I headed to our local Gymboree and were delighted to find the very hungry caterpillar himself waiting to be colored! And shouldn't all stores have little craft tables for toddlers while mamas can shop?! I got to pick out pajamas and a play shirt courtesy of Gymboree!



The very purple caterpillar.


While I was shopping I reallllly wanted these flamingo pajamas but thought the ones below would be a better fit since she actually knows who the caterpillar is AND loves balloons. Double win. And along with the pajamas I was able to choose a play shirt. I actually chose one from the little boys section because it had brown bear on it and that is one of her favorite books. The girl options were cute but I couldn't pass him up! I'm thinking about styling it with a skirt and plenty of feminine accessories. See the necklaces above. ;)

Her jams on display!
 Blair absolutely loves reading and it is one of my favorite ways to spend time with her; all snuggled up in her bed with her blankie and a good book. It brings out the old teacher in me. :) We have a pretty extensive library thanks to the years of teaching I did but I'm always finding more to add to our collection. She was pretty excited about reading her caterpillar book and wearing her matching jams. :)




Inspired by Eric Carle’s Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See, from 9/2-9/30, Gymboree will be hosting a photo contest, where they are encouraging parents to help their little ones take a picture of what they see.

Entrants can submit a photo via Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr or via Gymboree's designated direct photo upload site, using the hashtag, #WhatDoYouSee.


Entrants of the #WhatDoYouSee contest will have the chance of winning one of ten Eric Carle gift baskets including: A House for Hermit Crab book, a signed copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, figurines, stickers, The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sippy Cup, Chunky Colored Pencils, Match and Munch Game, Place Mats Book, and Stage & Play (Approximate Retail Value $144.99).

The winners will be announced at the end of the contest period, which is 9/30/14.


For even more fun, download Gymboree's iPhone app so you and your little one can add some Eric Carle fun to your photos and play a caterpillar game!
 Also, you can find some awesome free printable coloring pages HERE! Such a fun activity for your little one. We printed out the memory game one along with some coloring sheets for an afternoon of fun!


Which jammies are you obsessing over? There are so many cute ones to choose from! Thanks again, Gymboree, for sponsoring this post!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I saw the clothes line at Gymboree yesterday and melted! My babe has the Hungry Caterpillar lunchbox from Barnes and Noble SWOON :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Those jams are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun at the event too, and you are so on to something about coloring areas at all stores... like hello! What parent wouldnt shop in a store where their kid could be occupied. I love that the Apple store has ipads for them to play... that's what stores should invest in, the ROI would be a goldmine ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I wish I had gone to the event! Love the jambes!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!