Holiday Baking: Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Every year my Mom and I make chocolate covered peanut butter balls and give them to family and friends. With the twins taking up so much of our time I wasn't sure we were going to get to it this year but M decided they were worth the time and energy. He spent all day on Saturday making them with Blair while I hung with the babies. They are a labor of love but totally worth it! 


Ingredients
Peanut Butter (4 cups)
Powdered Sugar (3 pounds)
Butter (1 pound)
Chocolate (1 pound Hersheys)
Wax (1 bar parowax)

Directions:

Melt butter and stir it into the peanut butter. Add powdered sugar until the mix is firm, but not cracking. You should be able to roll it into a ball without it being sticky or cracking. It's a fine line. ;) 

Roll all the peanut butter into balls and set on a tray with wax paper. Melt the chocolate and wax in a double boiler but be sure not to allow it to get too hot or else it will burn. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate with a tooth pick. Set back on wax paper to dry. Enjoy!

Let me know how it goes if you decide to try these out! Are there any recipes that you enjoy making with your family during the holidays? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!