Bucket List 2013

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A couple years ago I wrote this bucket list and found that it really did keep me accountable to have other people see my goals. I'll never forget climbing Half Dome and wanting to quit but thinking, "What will my readers think when I say I didn't make it?!" Ahhh, the joys of peer pressure. I hope to have the same success this year with the following list..

{2013 bucket list}

1. Re-upholster Chairs- I found three chairs at a friend's garage sale a few months ago and they have been collecting dust in our garage. I finally picked out some fabric for the office chairs but have yet to think about the one going in the guest room. It is time to get this project finished!


original chairs

getting there!

2. Paint fireplace mantel/tv media console- I've been dying to paint our oak (yuck) mantel and media built in a creamy white ever since we moved in. All I need is time! With us being on the go every weekend it's hard to get things done but no more excuses!

it's funny how this room as already changed from one year ago!


3. Eat clean(er)- guess I should put away my Cheeto bag to write this one... but seriously my fingers have the unmistakeable orange tinge... I don't want to diet perse but I want to make better choices. I've already cut out drinks with fake sugar (aka diet soda, crystal meth lite, etc.) and have added water as my drink of choice but I want to stick to whole grains, unprocessed foods, fruits, veggies, and lean meats. I'll be doing this right after I finish up that bag of Cheetos. Nothing can be wasted! ;)



4. Get serious about scrapbooking- AKA stop putting off Blair's baby album. I need some serious time alone and motivation for this one. I'll be happy if I finish up to her 6 months on this one. High achiever over here.

seriously who is this?!
5. Read (besides devotionals and instagram hashtags...) I have a friend who always recommends good books to me. It's time I actually download one on my Kindle and stop doing laundry during nap time and read. Or maybe stop blogging during nap time? Kidding. Kind of. Because if I didn't blog everyday I would seriously have a lot more time to accomplish this list...


6. Visit friends- I have some friends who live in the San Diego area that I need to take advantage of! It's really not that far for an overnight trip. I basically need to stop being a baby about the drive and go. I know it will be lots of fun once I'm there and B is out of her car seat. :)


7. Travel (with and without baby)- This one will be easy since we already have a trip planned without B. In late June we are going to the river with some friends. Thinking about it gives me anxiety so that's all I have to say about it. ;)

a trip minus baby
8. Send a card a week- Send a card/picture to a friend once a week. I know I LOVE getting things in the mail so I want someone else to receive that joy. Plus it's a small way to teach B to think about others. I'm thinking she will add a scribble to each little note. I have written a friend's name on each week so I don't forget!


9. Build a Teepee- Or a tent. I'll really take either one. Whatever the hubby will build for me I will accept with great glee. The thought of a cute little teepee adorning Blair's play room makes me giddy. This is one thing on my summer bucket list that HAS to get done!


That's enough it! What is your summer to do list?

3 comments:

  1. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i'm happy to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
    I so much indisputably will make certain to don?t disregard
    this website and provides it a glance regularly.


    Here is my blog post ... Kobe Bryant Shoes 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, so sweet about the cards and the trip without baby gives me anxiety too! Can't wait to see the chairs and I've been working on our teepee this week - too funny. We've had the supplies for almost 6 months! Hoping to be done by next week depending on free time/naps (one in the same!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any kids yet and a teepee is also on my bucket list! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!