Nursery Rug Dilemma

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I should have titled this "first world problems." I know you're going to think I'm crazy but remember when I made this pinwheel backdrop for my friend's baby shower?

(I'm adding more wheels to make it less "X" shaped)

Well, turns out I loved it so much I decided to update Blair's nursery. In its current state her room is pink and green because I based everything off of this bumper I loved so much...

which is for sale for $50 P.S. along with the skirt $50
But now I'm craving a more subdued palette. I already sold her rug, her patterned canvases, and am working on the rest. I am OBSESSED with this rug. I love it's dusty pink color and how feminine it is...

land of nod
The only problem is that it only comes in 4X6 and her other rug was 5X8 and really suited the space well. Then I got to exploring and found this room below...

I love the huge polka dots and white bedding (I'm a huge sucker for white bedding). And with a gray rug it seems as though it would be easier to change the accent color of her room without having to get a new rug every time...or bedding for that matter. I could just change the accent pillows and a couple other things and have a whole new look.

So now I need your help! I can't decide if I should do a light pink rug like these...

pbk

pbk


Or keep it more neutral with a gray rug likes these...

pbk

pbk

pbk

pbk


pbk

pbk
I also have a silly fear that the color gray is going to go out of style soon. But either way I think it is a good neutral and can be used in a room with any other colors. What rug would you choose? Blair's current nursery looks like this...

So imagine it without the rug, bumper, bunting, and other green accents. Wouldn't big white polka dots be cute in the future?! Ok so tell me which rug you would get!

Also, remember any of you early bird Christmas shoppers that THIS is the perfect gift for boys or girls!

7 comments:

  1. I think gray as a neutral will work for a long time even if it's not really "in" anymore I don't think the color will ever be offsetting in a rug-- and like you said it could work with many other colors! I love the First gray one. The feminine pattern makes the gray feel perfectly girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the gray rugs, especially the fourth one. And if the color is other places in the room, your eye won't be drawn to a pink rug on the floor. All neutrals is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the first gray rug too but in the beige room, pink might work better! Haha, I am NO help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would def go with grey! I'm in the processes of updating my one year old room too. I'm keeping in mind that when she's 7 she may not want a frilly pink room so I'm trying to keep the major stuff neutral and you can just change out the small accents as she grows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go gray. Easier to change little things down the road that will still match with gray than having to replace the rug each time you want to switch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first and third neutral gray rug best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hii! That rosestte Land of Nod rug DOES come in 5x8! I received the catalog today and was looking at purchasing it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!