Maternity Mondays: Week 22

Monday, December 5, 2011

Blair is definitely growing and becoming more active. I feel her kicking all the time now...in church, at work, while I'm driving, and I love every second of it! I've heard from other mamas that it will get annoying. I don't know how that could be. She's such a little miracle and I just love feeling her wiggle. 

note to self...this shirt is not cute because it is not fitted enough


AWKWARD
- a student telling me my belly was getting fat. nice.
- first grade girls lining up during recess to touch my belly. 
- the way my shirts hang off the edge of my belly now. dangit.

AWESOME
- my dad, brother, and mom all getting to feel Blair move for the first time
- two fit teachers at work telling me that I don't look prego at all from behind. in fact they even said "skinny" phew! 
- the stinkin' cute pink "fuggs" (fake uggs) that Blair got in the mail. Along with pink sequined converse. :)
- jogging a little this week and feeling like a rockstar

real uggs $50... fuggs $11


OVERWHELMING
- this week I'm learning all about reusable diapers. and let me tell you there is a lot to learn! I really do not consider myself that "green" however I hate the thought of all those diapers in the dump. So I decided to go half reusable and half disposable. Because I really don't see using a reusable one while out shopping (ew that means the dirty one stays in my diaper bag...gross!) 

- a birth plan. I know that some people do them and some don't. But I think I should only because I don't want the doctor's to load Blair up with a million shots when she's first born. I at least want to spread them out. And I'm lazy and don't want to research it. Thank God I have smart mommy friends! 


How far along? 22 Weeks
Total weight gain: probably 10 lbs (find out official weight gain Dec 21)
Maternity clothes? regular tops/jackets/sweaters but definitely maternity jeans/leggings/tanks (for length!)

Stretch marks? no, slathering on the cream but I'm sure they're coming...
Best moment this week: hearing that Blair passed all her genetic testing and all of her measurements from the sonogram are normal.

Miss Anything? being able to roll over in bed without sounding/looking like a walrus
Movement: all the time, especially after I eat!

Food cravings: not really, still not interested in dessert which is NOT like me!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: Girl - and I'm still over the moon about it!
Labor Signs: No, and there better not be anytime soon!

Symptoms: not really anything worth complaining about
Belly Button in or out? in...please hang "in" there until after we go to Maui...
Wedding rings on or off? on, it's winter and my fingers get cold and skinny!
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy... although I still get teary eyed during worship at church, or reading articles in Parents magazine...sigh.
Looking forward to: seeing her move across my belly and being able to distinguish her head from her booty. :)


I hope you have a great Maternity Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You are just glowing!! And your hair looks great...I need to get mine done stat! ;) So glad to hear everything is going well...can't believe how quickly time is passing {to me at least!}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look darling!! Being prego is the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!