Fish tacos with fresh cilantro

Tuesday, April 19, 2011





Last night for dinner Matt and I made fish tacos. We had sampled them at our local Trader Joe’s and were hooked! Our ingredients were simple and included light breaded fish pieces, cabbage, corn tortillas, spicy tartar sauce, and fresh cilantro from our garden. While lime or lemon would have been tasty to add, we did not have any ripe citrus on our trees and I was too lazy to go to the store. I love going out to our garden to pick fresh herbs. It makes me feel thrifty because I am saving money and confident because I haven’t killed it yet!

3 comments:

  1. my attempts of growing Cilantro has failed. I would love to know if you have it in full sun(6+hours of sun)or in part sun? do you have in pot or in grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, our cilantro is in partial sun and is planted in a raised garden bed. We have found that raised beds with ammended soil is the best. Also, it has automatic watering but in our climate we have discovered that checking the plant daily for water needs is crucial! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! We've just started our own herbs, including cilantro from seed. Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!