Motherhood Mondays

Monday, February 25, 2013

I really feel like last weekend we had some great family time. M and I laughed a lot and had fun hanging out with our sweet pea. We often just looked at each other and said "don't you just love her so much?!"

Health

Great! We finally got our first tooth with just two weeks to spare before her first birthday. Her bottom right popped up last Wednesday and she did have some fussiness to go with it. I only stumbled upon her tooth because she gave me her "I have something in my mouth that I shouldn't" look. I raced over and shoved my finger in to snatch what she had but it turned out to be a tooth! She is obsessed with feeling it with her tongue which makes her look guilty. Pretty cute if you ask me. :)

Diet

She's been loving everything (almost) that we have been eating lately. From lasagna to turkey meatballs, she's a happy girl! She is still breast feeding four to five times a day which makes me feel so grateful that I'm still able to spend that time with her. I know at sometimes I thought it was a burden/chore but I also know I will miss it when she's done. So with that said I don't plan on weaning her when she turns one. I'm going to let my body and her desire determine when we are done. And as far as I can tell both are still willing parties. :)

Sleep

Aside from a couple random wake ups last Wednesday (I attribute this to her new tooth) she's been going down around six and waking around six. Sometimes seven to seven but since she dropped her last nap she's pretty much done at six. Sometimes we have "perfect" nap days (when I have nothing scheduled) which means she takes about an hour long nap around nine and a two hour nap around one. I LOVE the consistency of this age!

Social

B hung out with her gramma while we went to see Safe Haven Wednesday night (sob fest!) and with her Lala on Sunday night when we went to church. We also went to lunch midweek with Dada and gramma which was a fun break in our day. On Saturday we went to a superhero themed party at little gym. So fun! Definitely will be doing that at some point in Blair's future for her birthday party.

Crying

Still so dramatic at diaper changing time. I dread it.

Milestones

So much is happening at this age! I love it :). She got her first tooth, is really moving now (can I ask for baby gates for her birthday? We need five...sigh) and gives high fives. She started saying uh-oh when she drops something and says Dada when M unlocks the door getting home from work. By the way I'm glad "uh oh" has trumped "mama". Annoying. I swear she is also signing "more" and "milk" and "all done". She is also perfecting her pull to a stand (when the item she is pulling up on is the right height) and getting cause and effect with certain toys.

Post partum

It's almost been a year since I delivered a six pound baby! It's hard to believe and (almost) makes me want another babe now. Don't get excited... I'm not there yet! Im really just enjoying the moments that I am having with just Blair lately. It really is going by quickly especially when I look back at pictures. Now I'm starting to understand why everyone says cherish every moment...I'm going to miss this!

 

3 comments:

  1. Completely agree, such a fun age (well we're at almost 11 months, tomorrow) but sounds like they are doing lots of the same stuff! We are still nursing too, and I feel like I am getting lots of pressure to stop at 12 months and I just don't know if we are ready!? I like your philosophy and might need to consider that. Do you mind me asking if you nurse her to sleep? Or does she go down on her own? Diaper changes are a battle here too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nursing her at night right before bed and still am for the most part except for a couple nights a week when I have gym class before bedtime. I nurse her before I leave and then Matt puts her down. She's totally ok with it which is great! So I guess she doesnt need the boob for night night time... Just enjoys it :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! We do the same, and O is the same way, prefers the boob but will go down without if need be, sometimes easier than others. Glad I'm not the only one who nurses to sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!