Pregnancy: 8 Weeks

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mondays are just the best! For me anyway...I realize I'm probably the only person to ever say that. ;) But Mondays are when we get to see our little babies and it just makes my heart soar!

It always takes the tech a while to find the babies (in my opinion)  and I find myself holding my breath. The sense of relief I get when she points out their little hearts beating is overwhelming...in a good way! Baby A's heart rate was 173 (last week it was 147) and Baby B was 181 (last week it was 148). I'll never get tired of seeing their little hearts go buh bump, buh bump (according to Blair). Baby A is measuring 8 weeks 4 days and Baby B is measuring 8 weeks 2 days. The tech also pointed out the babies umbilical cords that have formed. Did you know that their intestines start out in the umbilical cord and then move into their stomach?! So crazy! Oh, and my ovaries are still large and in charge...hence the Buddah belly. ;)


Babies are the size of gummy bears! Which is way more fun than raspberrys. ;)
 My meals have been super lame lately. I don't have nausea but I have some serious food aversions. I was the same way with Blair. The only things that sound good are carbs, smoothies, soup, and any form of take out. M has been eating healthy (grilled chicken and veggies) and it's all I can do to not gag while putting away his left-overs. I just can't do meat (chicken in particular) and veggies. Woof. This changed for me later in my pregnancy with Blair so hopefully healthier days are ahead!
Tomato soup and grilled cheese...nom nom nom! I may have eaten this for lunch AND dinner yesterday.
I still can't believe we are having TWO babies! I remember when we were struggling with infertility these last two years how I would lay in bed and think, "What would it be like to wake up and not have this problem?" I would wonder if that would ever be the case. I would also wonder if I would ever be pregnant again and that I regretted not enjoying my pregnancy with Blair even more. I find me having to remind myself that this is now my reality...times two! I'm soaking up every moment as this may be my last pregnancy (never say never!). I still have bad habits and wake with anxiety occasionally but I would say I'm making progress to being more fearless. It's a journey, right?

Tomorrow I go to meet my OB! I'm looking forward to it and we will see what he thinks about my hope to deliver naturally. Insert eyes popping out of my head emoji. I just want to try it...I'm curious! And I think I'm tough enough to do it. I'm very aware this may be difficult with twins but a girl can try. ;)

4 comments:

  1. It is so exciting to watch your journey. I feel like I'm living my pregnancy all over again. I'm thrilled for you that everything is going well.

    But now I can't eat gummy bears anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been quietly following along on this journey of yours and I am so, so happy for your family! No doubt these two new babies will be incredibly loved and cherished! Prayers for healthy, happy weeks ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an exciting post!!! So very excited for you and your two little babies- been following your journey for awhile now and so happy for you :) glad you are feeling good too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and your family! I so excited to follow along! I hope your food aversions fade away here soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!