Maternity Mondays: Week 13

Monday, October 3, 2011

So I thought that last week was the end of my first trimester until I read all of my "week 13" updates and realized it was this week. Ooops! Last week I had another sonogram and despite the cranky technician, it was awesome! Baby B really looks like a baby!

You can even see the eye! And that twisty thing in the middle is the umbilical cord. And the spine! I'm amazed. 

So along with that appointment I was offered the flu shot and I have done my research on the benefits and negatives of getting one while pregnant and I am STILL trying to decide what is best for Baby B! I was told that this is only the beginning of what is to come with being a parent. Sigh. This is hard stuff! 

At work this week I had two co-workers tell me that they could see my bump. This made me smile. I happen to enjoy wearing flowy tops while not pregnant so this has been helpful this far in the pregnancy game. One day I will run out of flowy tops however and will have to let the cat out of the bag to my students and their parents...



I mentioned here last Friday that I haven't decided on what type of maternity jeans to buy. My current jeans still fit everywhere...but the waist. So I've been a total dude at work wearing them discretely unbuttoned with longer tops. Soon I think this may not work so I went out last Saturday and purchased two pairs...both designer. I tried to be frugal. I really did. But when I tried on the cheapos compared to the designers there was no comparison. The cheapos looked like "mom jeans" with an elastic band. Loose in all the wrong places (think crotch and butt). And SO not cute. And I figured (with the help of a mommy friend) that if I'm gonna be feeling uncomfortable about my body during the next few months I should at least be looking as good as I can in my jeans. AND that I will be living in these jeans so I better love them. And so it was settled...I used the extra money I have been making by working the after school tutoring program to buy me some nice jeans! I can't wait to show you them. They are currently being hemmed and will debut here on Friday. :) 

From now on I am really going to scope out Forever 21, Target, Old Navy, andH&M's maternity lines to see if they have cute inexpensive blouses. Jeans are one thing I can't sacrifice on but blouses I can deal with. But mark my words I am holding out on all tops until I have NOTHING that fits anymore. I really want to see if I can do it! 

Well that's it for maternity Mondays. Fun stuff going on! Have a great Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Looking great!! I think Target has cute stuff for moms-to-be...I often find myself wandering into that area not realizing it's maternity! LOL! And I think I'll be with you on the designer jeans...I think you'll get a lot of great use out of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 13 weeks!! So what jeans did you find...or do I have to wait until Friday? Ha ha. Your cost per wear will be worth it on the jeans...so go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!