This Calls for a Donut Ice Cream Sandwich

Monday, February 6, 2017

If you watched my Instagram story this weekend you saw that on Friday we had some bad news...our nanny has to get a full time job. We have completely fallen in love with her and she has surely been the best thing for our family and I'm just devastated that she has to leave. She's honestly like a part of our family and she knows my kids just as well as I do.


Needless to say I cried a good part of my weekend. Yes, I am sad because I am losing my best helper but I'm also sad because I'm losing a friend. We spent a lot of time together and I really enjoyed her company. It can get lonely just hanging out with two six month olds all the time! She will be SO SO missed.

Now the question is whether or not I will get more help. I'm on the fence. I'm not thrilled about introducing someone new to Blair all over again or teaching someone all about the babies idiosyncrasies either. We were a well oiled machine and had things down just so! And it's not that I can't take care of the twins on my own it's just that it's SO much easier with a second set of hands. I know this is another opportunity for me to rely on the Lord's strength to get me through this and trust that his plan is better than mine but of course right now that is hard to see. There is purpose in this but it's so hard to know what that is.

For now Blair will be my little helper along with some friends who offered to take her to preschool. I'm going to give this "mom of twins plus one" thing a try on my own but if I start crying every day then it's off to care.com again. Sigh. All good things must come to an end.  Said some annoying person.

My number one girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!