Sleepless in Seattle

Monday, February 13, 2017

I got out of my comfort zone last week and went with M and the babies to Seattle! He had some work up there and with the encouragement of a friend I decided to give it a whirl. We ended up having a great time! We were definitely tired but decided the food fun was worth it!


Honestly the babies did really well on the flight. It was the 1.5 hour drive home from the airport during rush hour traffic in Orange County that did us in. I will say traveling with twins is a total circus and I was thankful that people had grace for us! Shout out to the airport employee that let us skip the GIANT line for security. I've never seen M give such a good "poor me" face to get us some special treatment... "Ma'am we have not ONE baby but TWO babies. Can we get in the priority line?" Ha ha ha.

One the way home...oh that's a tired Mama face!

The babies also slept in the same room for the first time in a long time. The first night was really rough...for some reason Cal was not down with his crib but the second night was great! M and I enjoyed watching TV in bed (oh, the luxuries!) and actually ordered "Moana." Insert crying laughing face here. Blair has seen it twice and we wanted to see what all the hype was about!




I was even super brave and explored downtown Seattle with both babies by myself! We shopped and Cal was a dream in the stroller. My spicy friend, Evie, had to be worn in the front pack but I'm still calling it a success.


Matt and I have also decided that there are no children in the city of Seattle. But for real. When people walked by us and saw us wearing the twins they would say things like, "Wow that's a really cool contraption (the Ergo carrier)." and, "OMG you just made my day!" and "Babies!". It was honestly like we had aliens or celebrities strapped to our chests...people just stared like they had never seen two infants before.






I'm glad I can put "babies first flight" in the checked off column but I won't be hopping on a plane to go out of town with them again. Packing for them was a beast and finding hot water every 3 hours to thaw the breast milk I supplement them with was a huge pain in the A. Thank you to all the restaurants, coffee shops, and flight attendants who made feeding my babies possible. ;)



Needless to say it was an adventure and I'm glad I did something spontaneous for once. It made me gain more confidence as a Mama and prepared me a little bit for life with no nanny. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!