IKEA planter hack

Monday, April 11, 2016

Aside from Blair getting sick the last couple days of spring break we had a relaxing time at the beach. We came home a couple days early and over the weekend M's family showered me and his cousins who also have little ones on the way. The shower was intimate, and the food was delicious. I'm blessed to have married into such a thoughtful and generous family!

A couple of weeks ago M and I hit up IKEA in search of a few items for the twins' nursery. I had my eye on some curtains, a sheepskin rug, picture ledges, and a nightstand. Of course we added a few other items to our cart as well. It was M's first time there, and my second, but alas we still didn't eat at the food court.

My only disappointment was the sheepskin rug. Apparently I didn't read the dimensions online because when we got there the rug was smaller than a bath mat. Who buys those things and what do they use them for? It was a rug sized for Barbie dolls.

The good news is that we found some great things for the nursery (I can't wait to show you!) and some more fun things for our house such as this planter turned craft organizer. IKEA advertised them as planters to hang in your kitchen but I knew it would be perfect for all of Blair's craft crap stuff.

The OCD organizer in me LOVED setting this up.

The perfect way to create more space on her table. The bar looks crooked in this picture but trust me, in real life it's as straight as an arrow!
 One of the things I love about this set up is that A. it's organized B. It's aesthetically pleasing C. When adults are helping clean up after play dates they can easily see where things go (less work for me later) D. The buckets are easy to remove for when little friends come over (the ones who color on the walls).

I guess you could say I am in full nesting mode over here. I definitely have a list of projects I want to get done before my life is over the twins are born. That is a joke of course. :) We all know I couldn't be more thrilled about their arrival!

5 comments:

  1. I used that same set up over my changing table. The long one fits a diaper perfect! Used the smaller ones for toys, pacis, lotions etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I was just at Ikea on Saturday and picked up the small planters and did the same thing over T's table. I love the look of the longer one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! This would be so helpful to keep it all organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set up for a craft area! Did the paper holder above the "planters" come from ikea too? I've actually been looking for one for our kitchen to keep bills in and that looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the inspiration! I went to IKEA yesterday and purchased the long bar plus 4 of the small buckets. I put it up this morning and my daughter will organize her supplies today!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!