Washi Tape Cards

Thursday, May 21, 2015

     As the mom of a toddler I really don't have time to pick up cards for every occasion. I'm usually super last minute the day of the party scrounging around for some blank card that doesn't at all match the occasion (you get a puppy in a Santa hat for your birthday?)...until now! I've finally got my act together and came up with the perfect way to always have cards on deck by using washi tape!


This really is a self explanatory tutorial but here we go.
1. Buy a pack of plain cards at your local craft supplies store.
2. If you don't already have a huge washi tape selection buy a few that you like too. Apply in straight lines. And you're done!
I like using tape that obviously goes with the occasion such as this birthday card for my friend I made yesterday. I have quite the selection for baby showers, birthdays, anniversary's, etc. It's seriously so easy and cheaper than buying a card every time. Plus it's semi-DIY so pat yourself on the back!

What about you guys? Do you have any easy ways to make cards for people?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I'm seriously scrounging all the time for the right card for the right occasion. And cards are so expensive now!! Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I used to make cards a lot but have recently gotten lazy. Thomas and I don't exchange cards (we just go down the hallmark aisle at the grocery store and pick one out to "share" for special occasions and then put it back) but I love this idea because lots of other people like cards!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!