Tasty Tuesday: Baby Food

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Last weekend M helped me make our own baby food. I like that it saves money, has no ascorbic acid to preserve it, and is mixed with my milk. We used our baby bullet. First we made pears...

1 pear steamed until soft (peeled and cored)

1/4 cup breast milk

Then puréed till smooth

One pear gave us four meals for baby!

Next was sweet potatoes...

 

 

Clearly Matt's chopping skills, not mine.

 

1 peeled sweet potato steamed till soft

1/2-3/4 cup breast milk

Puréed until smooth

One sweet potato gave us 10 meals for Blair!

We ran out of storage cups so we used breast milk bags. But my friend Andie scored some more containers for me half off at Bed Bath and Beyond.

The first time took some effort but I imagine we will get better at it. I mean, who knows how to steam a pear off hand? Not this girl. But I made enough food in an hour to last me two weeks! Unless Blair starts wanting more than one serving at a time... Either way she was happy about it... See?

 

1 comment:

  1. We used ice cube trays. They hold about I-2 tbls. of food. Then we would just pop them out and put them in freezer bags for long storage. Made for easy measurement and travel!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!