DIY: Painting our Great Room White

Thursday, January 12, 2017

One of my new year's goals was to paint our great room white. When we moved into our home all of our walls were painted a fleshy tan color. Slowly we have painted the bedrooms grey and are now getting to the rest of the house.

I love how rooms photograph when they are white and they always look good on Fixer Upper. ;) So, we went for it. At first M and I panicked a little bit because the room looked SO white. It was pretty sterile looking but we recently added some curtains and it really softens it up.

We also took down our old mantle and M built this new one from some distressed wood from Home Depot. I love it!

Check out the befores and afters! Such an improvement.

Candle sticks and chalkboard from Home Goods. Vases, frames, and olive branches from Magnolia Market. 

Before 




Before




Still saving up for wood floors and eventually want to update our furniture but what an improvement!

Bye bye fleshy walls

Just got these baskets with lids from World Market for half off because their store was closing. No more looking at Blair's ugly toys!

Curtains from Home Goods. Rods from Target. Pillow from Home Goods.

Allllll the heart eyes! I just love how bright and clean it turned out! And I do realize I need to let out the hem on the curtain. It perfectly touched the ground on the carpeted side but not the tile side. I also wanted to raise the rod up but then my curtains would have really been high waters. Either way I'm loving this fresh new look! 








1 comment:

  1. Wow! It makes such a difference! Now I'm tempted to finally paint our house... lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!