Lunch Date

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yesterday I checked out our local library's story time for toddlers and was so impressed (thanks for the rec Monica!)! When we arrived there was literally a line out the door of mamas and their littles. We hopped in line then followed the masses upstairs. The children's librarian read three stories, led music, and ended with a parachute activity. When it was all said and done they wheeled out this huge box of toys/puzzles/legos/magnets etc. and the kids had at it. It was awesome! And FREE! Needless to say we will be back next week. :)


{scarf} {star romper: similar} {jellies}


didn't have time to brush that hair...don't judge

pizza for lunch
     It was such a lovely morning with just me and my girl. But I couldn't help but feel jealous of the mama's I saw at the library with their newborns. Which leads to my next topic: not being pregnant. We recently found out we weren't successful again this month and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. And worried. And stressed. All of those feelings which are super productive for baby making...NOT.

It's like I know God has a plan for our family. And I know it's better/bigger than my own. But honestly, it still sucks waiting. And I'm tired of hearing "just relax!" As if I can control my type A personality?! Of course the longer it takes the more uptight I get hence furthering this cycle.

What really bugs me is this feeling of discontentment I have. I shouldn't be. I have a great hubby and a sweet little girl. Some people never have either. It should be enough...but I still feel incomplete. I know I should be finding joy and fulfillment in Jesus (and I strive for that!) but it still hurts and sometimes I just get down. My hearts desire is to be a Mama with lots (3) of littles. With that said prayers are always appreciated...here's to month five...

17 comments:

  1. I respect you so much for your honestly and openess during your struggles! I will definitely pray for you, in every aspect! Sending love from PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recently started going to a story/craft time at our local library and my daughter loves it. Now that I am staying home full time with 2 littles, I love having somewhere fun to go evey week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. We struggled getting pregnant and needed to do IVF in the end. We are talking about baby #2 and I'm not looking forward to the stress and disappointment again. It's so annoying when you want something and it's out of our control! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend and her daughter LOVE story time at the library! What a fun activity for you and B to enjoy together :) PS I also LOVE that B has started dance lessons, I grew up dancing and now teach in Riverside! As for having a second child, I can't say anything to help except stay strong and I will keep you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend went through this as well and was super frustrated. She got pregnant right away with her first, and then had a harder time the second go-around..... but now she has 2 beautiful kids - so just keep your head up and remember it's all in God's hands and when he's ready, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried using an ovulation kit? After trying for about 4 months for #2 I decided to try one out the next month and we got pregnant! I know it doesn't always work that way for everyone but it may be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried using an ovulation kit? We tried for baby #2 for about 4 months and then I decided to try one. We got pregnant that month! May be worth a try! I understand the disappointment as we got pregnant right away with our first baby. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like we have the same story! i do use ovulation kits and have decided to quit my boot camp for a while. i'm thinking exercise that intense maybe is not so good for baby making.

      Delete
  8. We love storytime, we actually rotate to different libraries for it since there are bunch in our area, so do a lot of music and play like parachutes, others do books, and others give stamps and stickers at the end ha. And yes, they are FREE! Toddler activities can get expensive and we have a baby gap bill to pay ;)

    I'm sorry you are struggling, we struggled with Ashlynn (loss and infertility) so I know too well the disappointment and anxiety it can bring. Virtual hug, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait a minute… THAT'S what "story time" at the library looks like? Are you in the O.C.? I feel like I read that somewhere before, but I gotta stalk your old posts to find out. I've yet to take Kaitlyn to a library story time yet. That one looks awesome! As does Blair's curls!

    Oh mama. I understand what you mean about the waiting to get pregnant part. Though we're not trying yet for #2. If you want to be all crazy OCD about it like I was, I'd suggest digital OPKs!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually we wish we were in OC! we are inland in Riverside. :) and yes we have been using OPKs!!! Oy! I'm totally ocd type a. ;)

      Delete
  10. What a fun day! I am loving Bs cute scarf! I'm going to have toget some for Ellie. I can't help but agree with you about feeling incomplete but also guilty about it. I too have a great husband and the best little girl but I have such a strong desire to bring our own baby into this world and our family.

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!