Maternity Mondays: Week 19

Monday, November 14, 2011



Almost half way there! It seems like the pregnancy has gone quickly in some ways and slowly in others. I am always anticipating the next stage. At first all I wanted was a big belly, then all I wanted was to know the sex, then I wanted to feel her moving, and now I want Matt to feel her! I'm never content! And it really seems that I'm having to learn to be more than ever lately because...

The re-model quotes for our house came back sky high and and buying is not an option since selling our current house is not an option. (we thougth about renting and it's also not an option) So, therefore I need to learn to be content with our current home. Don't get me wrong, I love our house it's just getting cramped and it's dissappointing to see other homes twice the size as ours on the market for the same price. What's even more frustrating is that we have the money to buy but not enough to foot two mortgages, which is what we would have to do. Sigh. That was my pity party and I'll be done now. :)

Last weekend I hauled Matt around crib shopping. He was a very good sport and even let me pick out a few things at the Gap baby sale. :) We looked at Pottery Barn, Babies 'R' Us, and a local baby store in town. I thought I would love PB but was honestly dissappointed. We decided on a set at the local baby store in town. I could only find one of the pictures in black but all of the furniture will be white.




the hudson crib by Bonavita


the hudson dresser by Bonavita. The dresser will also double as our changing table.

We are also getting a nightstand and glider. I am really looking forward to changing the office into the nursery. I am always full speed ahead and Matt likes to wait things out to make sure it's all going to work. First thing on our list is to paint and then install new carpet. Then it's furniture time! :) 


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bummer on the house, but you two will make it work...especially with baby on the way! :) You're looking great and I love the baby furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!