A Baby in my Belly!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's true! We're having our first baby! I have been DYING to tell you but wanted to wait till my first doctor's appointment to share the good news! I am 9 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant and feeling great. No morning sickness, no cravings (aversions to meat sometimes), and one pound gained. :) Baby B (for Bushman) is a little over an inch long and growing quickly!

This is the most recent shot I have. We need to get on the 9 week photo.


Matt and I were SO excited when we first found out. The first time we tried we were successful which is probably for Matt's sake since I would have been a nightmare to be around if we weren't. I can be impatient. :) The week I was supposed to start my cycle I thought I wasn't pregnant because the symptoms are the same! I was crampy, tender chested, etc. The beginning of the week I took some pregnancy tests with no luck but as the week progressed there was a faint line next to the other one and I started to get excited. Finally I bought a digital test that read YES! I picture texted Matt at work asking him if he thought it might be for real and he wasn't sure. In hindsight I would have done something more creative but when you're home alone you just can't hold it in! Next time. :) 

 yes!

I told my family by making them cinibuns with little pendants in them that said "Guess who has a bun in the oven?" Along with that I tried to video everyone's reaction on our flip camera. Matt is still editing it for your enjoyment. Seeing everyone's reaction was so much fun and I can't wait to share the video. 

love the iphone pic

Seeing our baby for the first time was so emotional. I totally cried tears of joy when I saw our one inch wonder! Watching the heart beat and hearing it was absolutely incredible. My mom and Matt were in awe and I think they were misty eyed too! The doctor showed us the arms, legs, spine, and brain (it had two parts already! like a real brain!). She also pointed out the "yolk sack" (kinda gross) that the baby was eating from and the umbilical cord along with its home (the placenta). I just can't get over what a miracle this little baby is. God is so cool! 



With all that said I think "Maternity Mondays" will be in full swing now. I can't help myself...I'm in love! 

PS I kinda lied when I told you we were "trying to have a baby" because we already were. Forgive me?

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Natalie! How exciting for you & your husband! I'm also excited to read your maternity mondays. So cute! I love your 8 week photo; the chalkboard is another cute idea. Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! how exciting!!! xoxo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bun in the oven idea?! So sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is amazing news! Love the bun in the oven idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyyyy!!! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you, your hubby, and your growing family!! Keep us all updated!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic news!! Congrats to you guys! Love your announcement idea and can't wait to see the video! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, that is so exciting. Congrats!! I am SOOOO happy for you guys!!! What an awesome surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This made me tear up -- what an amazing miracle! So excited to read about your pregnancy, you are the cutest pregnant person ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooo excited for you! So glad that you've been feeling great so far. Enjoy it and live it up. I can't wait for all of your maternity posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! I love reading your blog. I'm looking forward to Maternity Mondays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is SOOO exciting!! Congrats!!! Cannot wait for Maternity Mondays!! You are definitely going to be one cute mama-to-be!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!